twenty one

♤ NARDO ♤

*trigger warning suicide attempt*

Horace bolted up the stairs, his chest heaving as he ran harder and harder.

It was stupid for him to come alone but the urgency sounded so serious he threw thinking out the window and began to act.

'Please lemme have time, please God.' He prayed in his head, running even faster until he reached the top.

It was just as Horace expected, his boyfriend perched exactly where his location said he was.

Kentrell's feet were planted firmly on the ledge his eyes downcast as smoke clouded around him, he'd been smoking, drinking- binging basically and Nardo could see it in his woozy body language.

"Get the fuck back!" He yelled the older looking back at him with a smile.

"You came?"

"Get off!"

"Why?" Kentrell asked turning on his heels, Horace's eyes bucking in his head.

"Kentrell bruh I'm not fuckin' playin' with you, get off the ledge."

"You don't need me here."

"What I need is you to get back!"

"Why?"

"Kentrell please,"Horace begged, clutching his chest,"Please, you can't jump please."

"I'm yo biggest headache, I ain't done shit but make yo life worse."

"That's a lie,"He argued hard," You been my friend, someone whose helped me, someone who loves me and I love you back for it."

"You love me?"

"I love you so much, I love you enough to chase after you to keep up with you."Horace voice cracked, "I can't lose you Trell."

"I can't lose you either, Nardo."

"I'm right here, I ain't goin' no where."

He inched closer to his boyfriend taking the opportunity while they talked to grab him.

He took his arm and snatched him down, both him and Kentrell falling onto the ground, Horace's heart thumping so hard it practically could be seen in his chest.

He pulled the man up and hugged him close, squeezing him hard, his anxiety peaking. They rocked back and forth as they hugged, the moment slowing down.

"What fuck is wrong with you!?" Horace asked after they pulled apart.

"Everythin'."

"That ain't a fuckin' answer!"He breathed hard, gripping at his hair."You was finna jump?"

"Maybe."

"Answer my question."

"I said maybe."His eyes shined a bit,"You ain't let me."

"Why the fuck would I let you!?" He asked, Kentrell shrugging his dilated pupils giving even less of an answer.

"You'd be better off without me."

"Kentrell I'd lose my fuckin' mind if you died, don't play with me or your life like that."

"You really love me."

"Yes, dumbass."Horace felt like his was gonna start crying and not stop, his hands shaking as Kentrell grinned hazily."None of this shit is funny!"

"You always holdin' me down."

"Cause I love you." He repeated again and again, trying to get it through his boyfriend's thick skull.

"I love you too." He frowned his bottom lip starting to tremble, "I'm sorry."

"Trell."

"I'm sorry, forreal."

He had to hold Kentrell again, tears streaming down his face as the embrace grew tighter. Horace was so afraid if he let him go, he'd try to jump once more.

His mental state was on a tight rope and Nardo felt like he was walking on the line with Kentrell, trying to get on the other side.

One of them were going to fall or maybe they both were.

They walked down the stairs holding each other, Horace looking around the building. This couldn't have been where Kentrell was hiding at all this time.

"Where you been at all this time?"

"Ion know."

"How you don't know?" Horace stressed the genuine confusion in Kentrell's face mind-boggling. The man really didn't know, and he

"I don't remember," He blinked glancing again,"Honest."

Horace was exhausted- mentally, physically and emotionally he wasn't sure how much more of this he could take. He gazed down at Kentrell who's eyes had damn near glazed ober and he figured Kentrell had to be exhausted too.

"Let's get you home."

"Okay."

there are only a few more chapters of Power Trip left.
Y'all ready?

how y'all feeling right now, give me your full thoughts cause i know it's so many angles this can be looked at and its not one viewpoint.

thank you so much for reading my book, please take care of your mental health- y'all are loved abundantly, if not by anybody by me.

Stay safe y'all ❤