nine

♤ NARDO ♤

On his first day of work, Horace smoothed out his brand new uniform in the long mirror, examining his body.

He smiled a little at his reflection, proud of himself. He'd been making so many positive changes in his life lately, his whole demeanor changing.

His brain bounced to the reason behind the changes.

Kentrell.

Just thinking about the man had Horace's heart thumping, and slowly he was starting to realize why.

Hopping in his car to head to work his phone buzzed, eyes bouncing to catch it.

have a good day at work :)

He tried to stop himself from blushing but it was useless. Greatful to be in the car instead of in the house with his nosey ass sister, Horace tried to focus his thoughts on driving and not Kentrell.

He clocked in dapping up Ben who then took him towards the back of the store for his first assignment.

A familiar face was already cracking open stuff, the girl turning towards him with a grin.

"Wassup, party fren." She said, handing him his half of the work.

He caught on quick watching her movements and mimicking easily.

"Hey party friend."

"Nardo right?" Lakeyah asked, Horace nodding along.

"Yeah, thats right."

"Remember you can call me, Key."

"Aight, Key."He surveyed his area,"You mind givin' me a run down of everybody?"

"Rather it be me then someone else."She thumbed to her left," "Aight so that's Tay."

A mean mug was on the man's lips as he glared at Horace, eyes leaving him and the frown becoming deeper.

And here Nardo thought he had a resting bitch face.

"He rude as fuck, but he ain't fake like that one over there." She pointed to a tanned girl who was convincing some customers about a new pair of shoes, her movements were exaggerated and overzealous.

"Whose that?"

"White bitch named Danielle." He squinted at her a little harder.

"She look mixed."

"That's cause she wants to be."

"She sounds weird as fuck."

"Cause she is, she'll literally smile in ya face then go snitch to Mr. O'Malley for a leg up."Lakeyah rolled her eyes in disgust,"I'd advise you keep ya interactions to a minimum."

"Noted."

"Ben is Ben, can't take shit that nigga do seriously."She giggled lightly,"But he's always solid, especially when you need somethin' done."

"Yeah, he's already proved that too me."

"We friends now, by the way." She added his face turning into one of suprise.

"Really?"

"Yeah." Nardo smirked a bit, thinking back to his life in Florida.

There was no way in hell the old him would've just kicked it with Lakeyah, especially with how he'd have been pressured to get at her.

It felt good to have a new friend and things feel organic, especially one that was a girl.

"Ima be honest, I've like neva had just a female friend befo'."