three

♤ NARDO ♤

It was going on week 8 of the classes and less and less he felt himself hating it.

He'd never tell Maia that, cause she loved being right.

It was boring as hell but Kentrell somehow made it interesting.

Whether it be him messing with the director, or playing childish pranks on their fellow attendees he would do things that would have Horace snickering.

Yet he would piss him off in the same breath.

He'd ask him stupid questions or cut him off when they'd talk just to make him mad.

He was catching onto some of Horace's triggers and using it against him whenever.

However, Horace was learning that's just how Kentrell was, a part of his personality.

"We should ditch." Kentrell said to him one day pulling him away from the entrance to the community center.

"And go where?"

"Let me worry 'bout that part."He gave a grin,"Just follow along."

"You drivin' or me?"

"Obviously me, I suggested it."

"You ain't gotta get smart."Horace bit back but still got in the car.

Kentrell was halfway a stranger but something told him, he didn't have a reason not to trust him.

"Okay I'ma ask a question, and you gotta give me a answer." The driver spoke glancing at Nardo from his peripheral vision.

"I got to?"

"I ain't finna sit here talkin' to myself."

"Fine, go off." Kentrell took a second to think before giving Horace a glare.

"Baked Mac or Kraft?"

"Kentrell, am I not a nigga?"

"Ion know, some folks suprise you."

"Don't ever insult me like that." He scoffed, "Obviously baked."

"Better been ya answer."

"Or what you was gon' kick me out the car?"

"Yep."He said popping the p. "Next question, Tyler the Creator or Uzi?" Horace eyes lit up a bit, already knowing his answer.

"That's easy, Tyler."

"Nigga really?"

"Yeah, he cool." He eyed him."You tellin' me if you was a rapper you wouldn't work with him?"

"Prolly not."He placed a hand on the passenger's seat."I'd make very different music from his."

Horace tried not to focus on the arm instead focusing on the conversation.

"That's just you puttin' yo self ina box."He twisted his mouth, "Uninspired ass."

Kentrell was laughing at Horace his face then going straight eyes trailing outside the car.

Confusion etching into his own, Nardo looked where he was staring.

"What?"

"That bitch over there." He pointed to a boy no older than the both of them.

"What he do?"

"We were at a party and he stole my gun."Kentrell's hands started to shake on the wheel,"Why I have niggas sendin' me snaps with him frontin' with it."