thirteen

(504) 787-9032

remember when we got stuck in that shelter during that hurricane.
1:00 p.m.

that shit was crazy, miss sabrina was so worried.
2:03 p.m.

She cussed us tf out when we got back
2:10 p.m.

remember what we did to pass the time?
2:12 p.m.

You finna have me blushing
2:13 p.m.

old shit get you hard lol?
2:14 p.m.

*****

"Hey you good?" Horace asked
Kentrell, who slipped his phone into his pocket.

"Yeah, my manager was trippin' tryna to give me extra shifts with no pay." He found himself lying, the words spilling from his mouth without his permission.

"Bitch must be outta her mind."

"Fa real."He leaned into Horace, pulling him in close. "Yo phone called seemed urgent."

"I was just thinkin' we redo the meetin' with my sister again." Kentrell began to groan head falling back in his seat.

"Do that sound like a good idea to you?"

"Yeah."He gave the older a look,"Y'all both very important to me, and it matters if y'all are at least cordial."

"I'ma try."

"That's all I ask really."

******

Walking in behind Horace into the apartment Kentrell went over in his mind, how he was going to control himself in the conversation no matter which way it went.

He tood awkwardly at the threshold of Horace's kitchen hands buried into his hoodie pockets.

"Hey."

"Hi." Maia replied back to him politely, the duo not really acknowledging the other.

"Come sit down." Horace told him, the older following directions. He turned to his boyfriend's sister gesturing to her injury.

"How yo side feelin'?"

"Better,"Maia gently massaged the spot,"Thank you for askin'."

"No problem."

They sat in silence once more Horace sucking his teeth.

"The only way this shit will work if y'all put in the effort."

"Ain't really shit to say."

"How bout y'all start from when I left."He crossed his arms, "Alot of shit regardin' me was said and I wasn't there to clarify it."

"Uh, she started askin' me questions."

"Okay."

"He answered them and asked some of his own."