You want a hug?

June 12, 2015 Avengers Tower

After nearly tripping because Thor hadn't been paying attention Loki ripped his arm out of his brother's hold, straightened up and stepped away from his brother. "Watch what you're doing you big oaf!"

Ignoring him as usual, his older brother continued to talk to Stark and Director Fury about the limits of his freedom. Loki scoffs at that word. Freedom. He hasn't had any kind of freedom for four years. First Thanos and the Other had him inthralld and then there was his imprisonment in his father's dungeons. and nothing compared to his own mind's imprisonment. The centuries of twisted jealousy and hatred for his older brother and father. No, Loki hadn't been free for a very long time.

"Loki are you even listening?" Thor sighs in frustration when his younger brother only scowls back at him.

"Yes. I am to remain figuratively chained to you or one of your.. friends," He says the word with a sneer. "at all times and I am to not leave the grounds unless I am being useful. Again, only with one of you. I have heard this repeatedly for weeks. I do not even understand why I am on Midgard. Thought father didn't do torture. Anymore." He adds in knowing it'll irritate Thor and make the other men wonder what Odin did to his prisoners. Fury didn't seem to care, but Stark looked intrigued.

Rubbing his hand over his forehead Thor sighed. "This is to redeem yourself. It's what mother would have wanted. You know this, Loki. Father isn't doing anything to you that will actually harm you by sending you here. In fact he was quite annoyed that I was able to convince him. So if anything, take that bit as some kind of mischievous solace. You being here irritates him. Enjoy this time on Midgard as you do some good for once." 

Slightly mollified, only slightly mind you, Loki grins a little at that before his mood dips at the reminder of their mother. Her death was something that he would never get over or forgive himself for. Pushing that dark thought away to the back of his mind for another time he adjusts his stance to something a little more relaxed.

"Very well then, should we get the reintroductions out of the way so I can be shown to my quarters?" He asks, reminding them that for the last hour they've been yamering away about security this and he's a flight risk that. It really was getting to be very tedious and when Loki got bored his playful side came out at the expense of others. Knowing where his mind was at Thor nods his head at the other men indicating that it was time. 

"No mischief or should I say keep the mischief to a low minimum, Reindeer games. We've got some new people who won't hesitate to put you in your place. On the other hand you know what? Go ahead, I'd love to see that." Stark gleefully says, patting his shoulder as he strode past him. 

:::::::

Meanwhile upstairs...

Katherine stormed into the living room headed straight over to Natasha who was seated on the couch. "Did you know?" She demands of the redhead stopping in front of her with her arms crossed under her breasts. Nat lazily looks up from her book at the angry woman who currently had auburn hair with her customary smirk. 

"Did I know what?" Natasha was used to Katherine's intensity so she just sat back and let her go off. Glowering, her tone and pitch dropped as her face blanked.

"Loki." That's all that she said as if she needed to say more.

Jutting out her right hip she continues to stand over the other woman waiting for her to explain. Natasha closes her book, setting it down on the side table knowing she won't be going back to it anytime soon. "You mean our newest Asgardian guest. What about him?" Scoffing, Katherine plops down next to her friend.