A new arrangement

June 30th, 2015

Frustration filled Katherine at the millionth test she was about to be taking to make sure she didn't have any lingering side effects from her death. While she understood why she had to do these things, she was over it. Not only that but she was ready to sleep in her own bed. After three full days and nights since she woke up she'd been confined to the medical floor by Dr Thompson, Bucky, Loki, Mathew, Tony and Steve. Giving in at the time to their demands had seemed like a small price to pay for their peace of mind. But not anymore. For her own peace of mind Katherine needed to get the hell out of this room. Tossing back the blanket she shifted her legs to hang over the side of the bed. Kat didn't even get the chance to try to place one foot on the floor when the guys walked through the door.

"Back in bed, dollface."

"You're not strong enough yet, Kitten."

"Sweetheart, you're gonna hurt yourself."

Practically barking at her all at the same time had her glaring at the three of them as they rushed to stop her from standing up. Okay, so they hadn't actually barked their concerns at her. But they might as well have. Crossing her arms under her breasts like a petulant child Katherine huffed out an annoyed sigh. "Either I walk out of here, one of you get me a god damned wheelchair or none of you will like what happens next." Sharing a look, they do that silent man-talk thing with their eyes which only served to piss her off more.

Seeing her nostrils flaring had Bucky holding up a placating hand. After months of seeing the nostril flare thing from irritating the shit out of her he knew she'd reached her limit. "Just a second, doll. Sit back and I'll go get Dr Thompson, okay?"

"Fine." Gritting her teeth she narrowed her eyes on his quickly retreating back, making the other two glad it wasn't them that held that look's sole attention. Without looking at him Katherine asked Loki to bring over the standing tray. "Princeling, hand me my books. Please." She added as a way to apologize for her mood. Her mood swings had gotten a little out of control. It was all because of the secrets she hadn't been ready to share yet.

Pleased that he could do something that would keep her in bed he readily did as she asked. Looking over the stack of books he'd loaned her at her insistence he ran his hands over the priceless tomes. "Of course, darling. Which one do you want?"

"The one on bind runes and how to magically enhance them." Since she woke up she'd been consuming all of the knowledge he had. Even going so far as to ask Thor to go to Asgard for more when the books Loki had in his personal stash didn't have what she was looking for. Without going too much into why she wanted them she had simply given the god of Thunder those big doe eyes that she knew he couldn't say no to and off he went. Also so he could bring her back some of that honeyed mead to curb her craving. The books had satisfied her mind. The alcoholic drink not so much. It just wasn't the same as what the great dining hall had served.

Handing over the book she requested he carefully worded his next question. Not wanting to upset her or make her shut down which had happened a few times when certain questions had been asked. "Darling, while I'm happy with your new found interest in the lore and magics of seidir. Can I ask what has brought on this thirst for
knowledge of Asgardian magic?"

Katherine knew they had a lot of questions about what happened to her when she died. And up until now she had only given them vague answers. But soon she would need Loki's help to be able to practice what Frigga had taught her so she could go back to Valhalla in spirit. That meant telling him the truth. Running her fingertips over the embossed title Kat kept her eyes on the runes etched into the leather of the cover. "It's complicated. The truth is..I need to learn so I can practice. It's important." Yeah she knew she deflected, but this was hard talk about for her.