Valhalla

The sound of a lot of anxious voices filtered in and out as she faded in and out of consciousness. Or was it her soul that was coming and going from her body? Katherine didn't know. This whole thing was confusing. She only knew that it was discombobulating to say the least. If she had an active stomach at the moment she knew for certain she'd be nauseous from all the back and forth. Then there was just one voice. Soft and gentle. A woman's voice that was speaking in a soothing tone that conveyed patience and support. Kat recognized this voice only because it belonged to the woman who'd first greeted her when she died. Desperately looking around the bright gardens she searched for Frigga.

Believe her when she says that it was beyond strange that the mother of her new boyfriend and his brother was who greeted her when Steve's sad face faded from view. Disoriented but very aware of the fact that she was dead, Katherine had stared around at the beautiful city floating in the clouds. As she stood there on a long white and gold marble bridge she tried to center herself. It was at the soft clearing of a throat that her gaze focused on a tall beautiful older woman. A woman that she vaguely recognized, standing there in a gorgeous yellow and gold silk dress. Her long golden hair was half piled up on top of her head in complicated but beautifully done braids, while the rest of it fell over her shoulders and down her back. "So this is the woman who tamed my wayward son in less than a fortnight."

"Son?" Immediately Kat felt on guard even though she only felt good intentions radiating from the other woman. Wary of strangers in what may or may not be a good afterlife, Katherine used the long skirt of the gorgeous long sleeved pale blue dress she wore to hide the way she settled her feet into a braced stance just in case she decided to drop the smiles and attack. Friend or foe, it didn't matter. Life had taught her the hard way to never trust someone just because they smiled. It was usually the ones who smiled the most that hid their true intentions only to stab you in the back later. Literally and figuratively.

"Loki, my dear. I'm his and Thor's mother, Frigga." It clicked now. The painting of her, Loki, Thor and their father that hung in his room. She'd seen it briefly this morning when she popped in to see him. Frigga widened her smile and waved a hand for Katherine to come closer. When she made no move to do so a knowing look flashed across her face. "Come now. I'm hardly going to attack the woman my son is in love with."

An inelegant snort left her at that. There was no way Loki loved her. They barely knew each other. And just because they had sex once she doubted her lady bits had ensnared Mischief that much. "Love? Yeah, I don't think so. We knew each other for a week."

"Sometimes all it takes is but a single moment to fall in love. I doubt my hard headed son has figured it out yet, but he will in time." Her words, while Kat was sure were well intended, only drive home the fact that she wouldn't be there for him to have that realization. "Don't fret so. You'll have time aplenty to figure all of this out. I'm here as a guide since your soul got a little... lost."

"Lost, what does that mean? Am I not supposed to be here?" That figured. Why would she belong in heaven when she never believed in God in the first place or lived by his or her tenet's? She thought hell would be a little more fire and brimstone, but what did she know? Maybe all of that was waiting somewhere behind those shining buildings.

"Seeing as you died valiantly in battle protecting innocents, I'd say yes. Valhalla is exactly where you belong. However the path I see for you is that this is more of a recharging station." She explained when Kat furrowed her brow in confusion at what she meant. "Your soul needs to rest. And when it's ready, you will go back. As it will many times down the road I'm sure." Uh what?

"Hold the phone for just a second, please." Rubbing her fingers along her pounding temples Katherine tried to process the crazy that was coming out of her mouth. "Let me get this straight. You're telling me this is going to happen again? That I'm going to die again. Several times and then come back to life?" Shaking her head she backed away from the crazy lady. "No way. That can't be possible. I mean I know as a mutant my powers for healing were crazy effective, but death? Death has never been something I could slap an Uno reverse card down for."