Seven Years and Fourteen Days Later...

"Excuse me, Sir?"

The Black man raised his voice, speaking directly at me. Everyone at his table turned to look at me. I didn't expect this sudden attention, but I saw no way out of this conversation, so I chuckled nervously and nodded.

 I didn't expect this sudden attention, but I saw no way out of this conversation, so I chuckled nervously and nodded

"Y–Yes?" I replied.
"I'm sorry... I couldn't help but notice that you've been listening to our conversation for quite some time now. Is there anything I can help you with?" the man asked sharply.

I felt my face blushing. Shit. I was caught red handed. I bowed respectfully and apologized.

"A–Ah, joesonghamnida... I–I... I... I happened to overhear that you were working in SM Entertainment previously," I said nervously.
"What about it?" he asked in a challenging tone.
"Ansel-ssi," a younger guy warned him, but the man kept staring at me.

I glanced at the door. Shit. I couldn't just run away, right? I decided to just explain myself as best as I could.

"I... I'm looking for someone who's currently working there. An old friend of mine. We lost contact for several years, and I really want to reconnect with... This person," I explained sheepishly.

They all stared at me. Some of the boys looked at me with confused looks.

"I–I'm sorry... What?" the Black man asked. A nervous chuckle left my mouth again.
"N–Nevermind. I'm sorry I distrubed you... P–Please, please carry on," I said, bowing repeatedly to apologize, but the man clearly wasn't intent on dropping the conversation.
"No, no, it's alright! What's your name? And what is your friend's name? Maybe I do know him or her," he probed.

His persistent pressing made me really nervous. I bit my lower lip, and to be honest, I felt a little scared. The man I was talking to was big, tall, and muscular, and two of his other friends were too. Shit.

For the third time, I tried to find a way to escape this conversation, but then I decided to just collide with it head on. I wasn't doing anything wrong, was I? I was just trying to look for someone I had missed these past seven years. I took a deep breath, looked back at the man and spoke.

"A–Ah, well... My name is Kim Ha Joon. And my friend's name is Kim Min—..."
"THERE YOU ARE! ANNYEONG, BOYS!"

""THERE YOU ARE! ANNYEONG, BOYS!"