Happy Birthday Ricky 🎂

Ricky woke up with glee. It's December 22. It's his birthday! He's finally 18!

He popped outta his bed and quickly got in the shower so he could be ready for the day. He was checking himself in the mirror with a smile. He's been waiting for this day ever since December started.

He hears his phone ring and sees EJ's face timing him. He picks up and sees EJ with a pink shirt that says I CAN'T RELAX, IT'S MY BOYFRIENDS BIRTHDAY. "Happy Birthday, Curly!" EJ says excitedly. Ricky smiles brightly at his boyfriend. "There's that smile I love" EJ grins.

"Thank you," Ricky smiles, his face going completely red.

"Aww. So how's it feel to be 18, baby?" EJ asked, even though he knew, he was only a year older than Ricky. "It feels different. Like other changes, but this one I actually like" Ricky admits. EJ knows Ricky hates changes, but this change...he loves.

"Ricky! Can you come down here please?" Ricky's dad calls.

"I have to go, babe, I'll call you later."

"I'll see you later, bye!" EJ blows an air kiss at Ricky before hanging up. Ricky could feel his face burning up like fire. He walks downstairs to see his dad with a cupcake. "Happy birthday, buddy."

"That's not all."

The door opens and someone comes in, taking Ricky by surprise.

"Mom!" Ricky races towards his mom and she scoops him up. "Happy birthday, sweetie!"

My dad walks closer and hands me the vanilla cupcake with a candle. "Make a wish, bud."

Ricky pretends to think for a while until finally, he closes his eyes and blows out the candle. "Yay!" His parents cheered for him. "What did you wish for?" His mom asks.

To spend the day with my friends and some alone time with EJ.

"Nothing really. I have everything I want. And I hope that never changes" He smiles, pulling both his parents in for a hug.

Ricky spent the next hour with his parents, watching old tv shows until he heard a knock at the door. He walks over and opens the door to see his ex, Nini, and his best friend, Big Red with gifts. "Happy Birthday, Ricky!" They say in unison.

"Thank you guys" He smiles, bringing them both in for hugs. "Are those for me?" He asks, pointing at their gifts.

"Not just yet, we're giving these to your parents" Nini takes her and Big Red's potion and hands them to his parents, telling them not to open it until tonight. "Is it okay if we take Ricky away for a while?" She asks. Ricky's parents nod their heads but just wanna make sure Ricky's back before 7.

"Okay, come on, Red's driving" Nini grabs Ricky's arm and they take him to the mall.

The 3 childhood friends spent most of the day at the mall. Big Red and Nini bought Ricky a bunch of new clothes from everywhere. Ricky said they didn't have to but they insisted. After that, they bought him tickets to see Spider-Man: No Way Home, which Ricky has been dying to see forever.

Now, they're heading back to Ricky's place.

"So...how'd you like the movie?" Big Red asks, smirking, everytime the theater would cheer, Ricky would've been the loudest, especially during the after scenes. "It was so great! Thank you both so much!" He smiles.

"Yeah, but the next time we go to the movies, I'm not sitting next to you, you cheer so loud" Nini groans, making Ricky laugh. "Yeah, I'm sorry," he says, looking down, shoving his hands in his pockets.