1. Figure

On that day:

"Ouch"

Damn back!

It was the usual and the old repetitive routine of the young Brett Yang, it was time to work. He knew he had this job provided by "his kind and graceful father". Well that's what everybody in the company was saying anyways.

"I hate my life. Aiya, it hurts." Brett slumped down, he knew he wasn't his father's favourite child but forcing him to work in his company when he had no interests at all with was like a death penalty to him.

But there was Mike, the prodigy son, the first favourite child and the one Brett despised.

Mike was the older of their siblings, the perfect one, and the one his family were proud of. And there's him, the rebellious son, the one who wanted to get out of the damned house and explore the world. He had been saving up years to travel, but his graceful father didn't allow so, he worked in the company.

He sat in his office, where he was given the position to.

"Ouch, my back's killing me" Brett winced from the pain. Then, his assistant, his childhood best friend, the one he secretly had a crush on came in.

"Mr. Yang?" She knocked on the door.

"Oh, Maria. What is it?" Brett smiled to her.

"Is it your back again? I could hear your groaning from outside" she laughed.

"I told you not to call me Mr. When we are alone and yes it freakin hurts againnnnnnn" Brett whined.

"Ahem.. Mr.Yang, you're our head. Act like one. I'll get you something to ease the pain." Maria teased, finding Brett cute.

"You're a lifesaver" Brett smiled.

"And Brett, i mean, Mr. Yang. The produces and the statistical data have to be sorted and its going to arrive at 12p.m. And Mr. Mike told us to clear and analyse all those by the end of today?"

"What? Today?! It's arriving so late and it has to be done by today? Why? That's not possible. Where's Mike?" Brett stood up abruptly.

"He's in his office" Maria responded.

Brett stormed out of his office, even though they were the lower department in the company, his brother has to think things through, not just command everything from the higher ups.

"Mike!"

"Hmm, act like a normal human here and knock" Mike glared, sitting on the sofa.

"Mike, what's this? This is not possible, do you know the work and the amount of time needed to sort such things down there. It can't be done by today. Give us time. At least tomorrow evening." Brett glared directly in his eyes.

"Then, i suggest you get to it now"

"Mike, did you hear what i just-"

"Its an order directly from the Ceo, which means dad gave the order and you lower departments have to sort out in time. And it's not only your department. Every department has been given specific orders for today so, don't complain here and start working. I have things to do too" Mike put on an evil smirk for Brett to see.

Brett can't say anything to that, every department was given orders too. He huffed a breath and dashed towards his office.

.

.

"Okay, guys. Listen up. We have to get things done so eat before 12 because i am sorry to do this to you but no other breaks for today, only bathroom breaks. Eat and we will start exactly at 12 when it arrives. Let's get this done by today" Brett cheered.