3. Day 1

I'm sorry for not updating, i was having quite the trouble on how to continue it. Sorry!

Brett didn’t dare to look back, it was as if he was stuck in a nightmare but this nightmare was real. He stood quiet as he listened to the footsteps slowly but surely approaching him. Then, he could feel the breath of the man behind him, feeling the cold breath swaying the top of his hair, he trembled with fear.

But Brett thought of it, there must be someone outside, there must be someone who could hear him if he shout, there must be someone, anyone, anyone at all. If he was going to die, at least he would die fighting for it, and so he took his chance.

He banged on the door and shouted-

“HELP!!! SOMEONE!!! HELP M-”

The man slammed Brett’s head against the door, Brett could feel the pain of it all. He could feel splinters of wood digging the side of his face, he could feel the impact that made him dizzy, and there was a sharp ringing in his ears.

“Shit. You are so loud.” Edward withdrew his hand and Brett fell to the ground with a loud thud.

“Ughh.. hahh  hahh, it..i..it hurts” Brett panted and looked at the person above him, he tried to beg for his life.

“Pl..please..let me..AHHH!”

The man dragged Brett by his hair. Brett started thrashing his legs, he was being dragged back to the room but now all his body could do was cry.

The man harshly threw Brett to the wall, making him yelp out of the defeaning pain.

“I will say this one more time, the last time. Don’t ever do that again” The man spoke coldly, then shut the door.

Edward then closed the door, all his victims had tried to escape at least once, and he knew it was going to be real soon with the person who was now crying on the other side of the room. He looked at his hand, he could see strands of hair of the person, he brushed them off and tossed himself on the couch.

This will be the last one, my last job.

.

.

Brett couldn’t feel the side of his cheek and it was bruised so bad, clots of blood stained of what used to be his pale face which was now so red and veiny. He stood up limping but crashed down again what seemed to be after hundreds of tries.

He felt so tired, so drained, but this was far more tolerable than those he knew so surely of. He closed his eyes and prayed, hoping that this would all be a dream in the morning.

But alas, Brett woke up due to the pain after a few minutes.

He tried to get back to sleep but it was all in vain. He sat up leaning against the wall and just waited for the man to come.

.

.

After an hour, Edward  woke up and checked the time.

Right on schedule

He then stretched and washed up. He decided to check on the weakling. He opened the door to find the weakling wide awake, looking like as if he had lost hope. He walked closer and said

“Stand up, we are leaving”

“I..i can’t.. I can’t stand up”

Edward then slapped Brett’s already bruised face. Brett felt his skin tore; it was so painful that he started to wail. It felt like thousands of needles dug to his fragile skin, all at once.