9. Kindergarten

I'll try to update and finish this quickly guys

*

Brett held onto Eddy's hands with his, not breaking his contact with him. He started to see the look of anger that was becoming much more evident on Eddy's face. But, it didn't scare him anymore, Brett wasn't scared anymore. This was Eddy, the Eddy that he once knew.

Eddy was so confused that he froze. Being called Eddy, his name that he once was called, was very shocking coming out of his prisoner's mouth. He looked at how Brett was holding his hands, it felt genuine.

"Get your hands off" Eddy spoke, not wanting to show that Brett's odd behavior was getting to him.

"Eddy.." Brett hiccuped "What changed you eddy... what happened to you?"

Eddy then moved back, he was the one that was a bit scared of Brett now.

"What.. what the hell are you talking about?" Eddy spoke through ragged breathing.

"Eddy Chen," Brett smiled through his tears "I know you"

Eddy widened his eyes, completely frozen in his place.

"Who the hell are you?"

Brett then sat down on the ground, feeling tired of the turmoil of emotions and memories.

"Eddy, you were once my project partner in kindergarten, at Little Angels, we were in the same class till grade 9. Your mom and my mom were kinda friends. But, not us. You were the quiet kid that kinda didn't want to be friends with me"

And then Eddy remembered. Brett was that spectacled, social butterfly boy who was trying his hardest to be his friend. That annoying little kid was him, Brett. Eddy then sat down on the couch, now memories started to flow through him. He knew he was done for, this was not how it was supposed to be.

"I don't know you" Eddy looked at Brett with a glare, trying to convince Brett.

Brett furrowed his brows, stood up and walked towards Eddy, now standing in front of him.

"Do not lie. I know you remember me, Eddy. What are you doing? Where's your mom and sister?"

Then this was it for Eddy, he stood up and glared down at Brett.

"You don't get to speak of them"

"Don't do this Eddy. Tell me what happened. I can help you, Eddy"

And Eddy shouted.

"Don't call me by my name, do not! I have to get this job done no matter what!!"

"Why can't you just tell me? I know you're not this kind of a person! There must be a reason for you to do this! Eddy, please. Let me help you please" Brett shouted back looking straight into Eddy's eyes, determined to figure out what the reason was.

Eddy couldn't speak, he just stood there, mouth slightly agaped. He felt like Brett at that moment, was this what his victims used to feel? Fear? Vulnerability? Pain?

"I... I can't go back" Eddy whispered, but Brett could hear it.

"Eddy?"

Eddy then looked at Brett, feeling drained from all the things he had done.

"I can't... I have to.. I have to do this. I dont have any other choice"

"Why.. why Ed-"

Brett couldn't finish his words. Tears started to escape Eddy's eyes, he had never seen a guy look so helpless, so broken.

Eddy slumped down on the floor, covering his eyes. He didn't care about Brett anymore. He was exhausted, so exhausted he wanted to end this, this was too much for him to take. He had been holding out for 2 years because of that damn contract. This was his last job, he thought he would be free after this, but the guilt was more than he could take.

Eddy looked up to Brett, Brett didn't understand what Eddy's situation was right now. Brett flinched as Eddy reached up, holding his hand. The same hand that beat him to a pulp, but now, it was as gentle as ever.

"Eddy.. wha—"

"Run..Brett"

*

Brett's dad was doing everything in his power to find his son. But this kidnapper was a professional, he didnt leave a single trace at all.

Every news now had Brett's face all over the country. He was on posters, on newspapers, everywhere. There was a search party out for Brett's disappearance, every vehicle in the city was stopped and searched. His father's men visited gangs, thugs, every connection he has but not one saw him ever since that ungrateful day.

Some people informed some places where they think Brett would be, some hints, all those were taken into consideration but it all led to a dead end.

Everyone was exhausted, Brett's dad didnt let anyone rest. Even Mike was given something to do everytime he met up with his dad, he made many phone calls, but it was nothing.

Mike looked at his dad, his mom. They looked as if the world had ended for them, they looked devastated.

"Dad, let me do this. Go take a rest please, you'll be sick if you go on like this"

Then, his dad started crying, he never cried before.

"I'm a bad father, I forced him into this company when all he wanted was to travel. I should've been...been more... Brett.. where are you.. are you even alive"

Mike went to his father and stood by his side.

"Dont worry, I will not rest until he's found"

Comforted by Mike's words, Brett's dad nodded and fixed himself up, he wanted Brett to be home soon quick, he wanted his son back home.

"Dad.. why don't you-"

When suddenly, one of his men came rushing in, panting hard. Both Mike and his dad looked at him. He rushed to them and said,

"There's a tip!!"