6. Latency

Hi! Sorry for the slow updates. But now i hope i can continue smoothly in writing this. Might proofread later. Enjoy!

Edward then focused his eyes towards the shaky voice that called out to him, quite amused to see Brett standing there like a beaten up cat. He slammed his book shut and walked towards him, clearly giving signs not to speak further and to just go back to his room. Brett backed up but decided to stand his ground, with tremoring legs, he stood before his kidnapper looking straight into his eyes trying not to falter as Edward glared down on him.

“Go back in, now” Edward voiced out with a low snarl, showing how serious he was.

Brett then took a breath and let out his plan

“I..just wanted to-ughh!”

Edward then suddenly grabbed Brett’s neck, digging his fingers hard onto the helpless man who started thrashing his legs, Brett tried to scream but he could only let of silent whimpers with his quivering mouth.

Edward started pushing Brett towards his room, Brett tried to break free of his hold, he scratched Edward’s hands, feeling some flesh started to dig into his fingernails.

Edward winced from the pain and started to fasten his pace; harshly pushing him even though Brett lost his footings, making him choked as he was practically hanging. He threw Brett to the ground, hearing that same helpless yelps. Brett cried out in pain, feeling his neck throbbing red. Edward then let out a sigh and approached him, bending down which only made Brett retreat back to the wall, making himself as small as possible.

Brett wouldn’t even dare look at him, his breathing became erratic but then he realized the shard he hid under the bed, maybe he could somehow manage to do it, just maybe he could wound him and make his escape, his mind was too hasty to think elaborately, that maybe was more than good enough for Brett.

He glanced to Edward, then he suddenly as quick as he could, shoved him back making Edward lose balance and fall backwards, right then, Brett swiftly crawled under the bed and took his shard, scampered out and shakily pointed it towards Edward, who seemed to be as furious as ever.

“Don’t! Get away from me!” Brett bawled out, his mind being too foggy on what to do next.

“It seems i was a bit careless” Edward stood up and just crossed his arms, looking at him catatonic

“I..w-where is the key to the front door?!” Brett questioned as he stood up, back against the wall.

“Put that down, now or else”

“N-no!! Where’s the key you freaking psycho!!”

That was it, Edward speedily grabbed Brett’s hands but Brett fought as he managed to break free of Edward’s grip to his hands, using every bit of strength left in him, he raised his hand and slashed Edward’s right hand.

He watched as Edward withdrew a few distance back between them, looking at his slashed hand. Brett respired deeply as he saw how deep he had cut it, making himself triggered that same thing in him, making him remember.

His body trembled uncontrollably and he crashed to the ground, vomiting and gagging hard. Edward was puzzled as Brett started behaving as if he was having a seizure; he crouched down and watched him forgetting his stinging wound, slowly closing his distance, wondering if this was an act of his again.

But then Brett started choking hard, as if something got lodged inside his throat. Edward then grabbed him up, dismissing the horrible face that Brett was making, he tried to wake him by shaking him hard.