8. Family

Sorry, been a while since so I kinda forgot my writing style a bit. It'll be a short one for now and I'll make it up to you guys in the next chapters. Really trying here!!

No proofreading done

The Book!!

Brett widened his eyes as he sees those lovely smiles of them, a happy Edward with his mom and his sister, all so very close with Edward’s mom wrapping her children tenderly in a soft hug. Brett couldn’t believe his eyes; his kidnapper was like this before?

He sat down on the chair and stared at it , there was something in the back of his mind, something unraveling, he stared at that innocent  kid who was smiling so wide, when suddenly his shot his eyes to the stomping footsteps nearing him. He quickly put the photo back into the page of the book but as he was about to keep it, Edward saw him.

Edward saw that Brett had touch the book, meaning he saw what was inside, heaving with angry breaths he slapped out the book from Brett’s hands.

“What the hell are you doing?!”

Edward hoisted Brett out of the chair as if he was some weightless twig.

Edward’s grip on Brett was too strong, he glared at Brett while Brett started to thrash his legs.

“S-stop.. I c-can’t breathe” Brett managed to mutter

Edward snapped out of it and saw his hand tightly gripping on Brett’s neck, his fingers digging into his skin while his other hand was on Brett’s shirt, lifting him up. He let go and Brett fell to the ground, in  which he started coughing and gasping for air, tears pooling up.

“Don’t ever touch my things” Edward grabbed the book and was about to head out but stopped when he heard-

“Edward, that’s a nice name” Brett smiled while looking at him, mocking him.

“You saw- don’t call me that” Edward said with gritted teeth, pointing his finger at him

Brett stood up and then walked up close to him

“I’ve had enough and I don’t care anymore, I’m gonna die anyways so there’s no harm in knowing your name because I know I am going to take it with me to my grave”

Edward was shocked, his victim had gone mad, sooner than he thought. He just stood there as Brett walked back to his room.

Brett locked his door and sat down to the floor, his heart feeling like it was pounding out of his chest. He dashed to the bathroom, dismissing his throbbing neck and splashed water to his face staring himself in the mirror.

“What the hell... that's where i went to..no..no..That face, that uniform..That’s where I attended kindergarten. No.. Wait, it can’t be. Edward? EDDY”

Then Brett remembered, his gasped out loud, putting his hands over his mouth with eyes widened due to the evident shock of realizing it.

“It can’t be Eddy. No no no no… That’s Eddy, I can recognize that idiotic smile anywhere. Eddy Eddy Eddy.. what happened to you.. Eddy”

Brett sobbed, this guy, this Edward, was nobody other than the lonely kid in elementary, the quiet kid whom no one wanted to be friends with, the kid he also avoided till high school. He changed so much, yes he was always mysterious, always the odd one out but he didn’t expect him to turn out like this, a coldblooded kidnapper.

Edward hid his book in his room, not wanting to make the same mistake twice.

“Moron, moron, moron. That could’ve gotten me killed”

He heard footsteps coming towards him and Edward sighed, knowing it’ll be the same drama that Brett was trying to stir up. He waited for him and finally, Brett appeared before him but he furrowed his brows, Brett was sobbing, tears flowing down his cheeks, with his hands covering his mouth as if he was afraid of something.

“What is it this time?” Edward asked, a bit nervous as to the change of Brett’s expression, he seemed to be somewhat broken by something, Edward knew something was up.

Brett walked up to him, sobbing, gripping his chest with one hand.

“E-Eddy”

Brett cried out and reached out to him, holding Eddy’s hands with care.

“Wha.. What have you become Eddy?”