5. Initiation

No proofreading..might proodread later

Edward cleared his throat out of the awkwardness and stood up. He looked at the man who was still looking at his hands as if they were the most interesting thing in the world right now.

"Just make your own dinner" Edward said in a low voice and went out of the room, heading towards the living room.

Brett then sighed deeply, he pulled out the IV drip from his hand flinching a bit from the throbbing skin. He then stood up with much difficulty, his body reminding him of the hits and blows that he had endured, he leaned against the wall and decided to walk out of the room.

When Brett opened the door, he was surprised that it looked like a normal house, too normal for a man like him. Balancing himself against the wall, he stumbled out taking his time step by step. He reached the kitchen which was surprisingly well-organized and clean and then he saw the front door. He knew he wouldn't even be able to turn the doorknobs in his state and so he decided to just play.

Brett could feel his stomach grumbling and he checked the time, it was almost midnight. He saw some cereals and just decided to eat up his fill with that. Edward was watching every move of his victim, he already hid every sharp objects in the house so he was already at ease, just have to watch him close.

He decided not to get mingled with him so he just lay down on the sofa, reading a book. He could now hear the Brett was washing the bowls but after a little while, he heard the shatter of a glass, probably a cup. He groaned and walked towards Brett, there he saw Brett cowered down to the ground, picking up the shards with his hands.

Brett looked up and saw the man, staring down at him. He gulped down hard, waiting for something to be thrown at him or at least some punches or kicks. But Edward just sighed and said

"Clean up all of it" and then he just walked back away to his books.

Brett let out a shaky breath he had been holding in and carefully start picking up the shards but then he saw this piece, a large one with a very sharp end. He then hid it inside his pocket and then threw the others in the trashcan, feeling a bit sweaty because of the hidden sharp object inside his pocket, he decided to securely hide it in his room first.

I might be able to.. get out of here

His eyes scanned the room but all the windows had metal bars on them, he knew Edward wouldn't just let him roam free like this. He decided to walk back to sleep, still feeling exhausted.

While walking back, he saw Edward reading a book, he stopped to look at him better. Edward was wearing glasses, squinting his eyes at those paragraphs that seemed to have such great deep meanings; he looked so absorbed in it. Edward noticed Brett was looking at him and then he stared back at him.

Brett was caught by surprise and just hastily walked back to the room, trying to act as normal as he can. Brett then tried to lock the door, but found out that there were no locks to his room. He checked the bathroom and found nothing that could be of some use. He tried to peek outside but all he saw was shrubs and trees surrounding them.

Where am i..

.

.

"Mike! Are you even trying? How come there's still no sign of Brett yet?" Mr. Yang fumed.

"I'm trying. We already checked every cctv footage but the last thing we saw was Brett leaving the company. He talked to Phillip a bit but that's it. He just disappeared , no other footage caught even a glimpse of him" Mike said with a frustrated tone.

"Phillip? The entrance security guard?"

"Yeah" Mike nodded.

"Bring him to me right now. You are worthless Mike, I still have to do everything here to get even a slight hint of progress" Mr. Yang spat at him, sitting in his chair with a loud groan.

"Yes, Dad" Mike then hurriedly asked his sub-ordinate to fetch Mike instantly.

After a few minutes, Phillip came rushing in to the office, fixed himself a bit and then went inside.

"Yes, Mr. Yang? Is it about Mr. Brett"

"Phillip, did Brett had another person with him that night? Did he leave alone?" Mr. yang asked with a serious tone.

"Yes, sir. He was one of the last to leave the company that night. I tried to call a cab for him too but he insisted to walk home instead but I am sure he was alone" Phillip responded truthfully.

"He went straight home, his usual route?" Mr. Yang asked to make sure that there was no suspicion towards anyone, including Phillip.

"Yes, sir. He went to his usual route, just like any other nights sir"

"Are you sure that there was no one else, with him?"

"Not that I know of sir, it was only him"

Mr. Yang then dismissed him, only to feel more dejected. He then ordered to trace the route that Brett always take, leaving a clear order not to leave any stone unturned.

.

.

Brett looked for a way out in his room but to his dismay, failed to do so. He hid the sharp shard under his bed and made sure that it could not be seen easily.

Brett was so afraid of the man in the other room, will he kill him? Sell his organs? Sell all of him to a brothel?

Thousands of questions bothered Brett. He tried to think of a way to persuade the man. Money? Yes of course, he'd do this for money. Maybe he can offer more? Maybe he can persuade him to let him go? Triple the amount? But he was so scared to even look at the man.

Then, his family came into his mind. Were they even looking for him? Did they even notice that he was gone?

But Brett knew he had to fight for his survival. He stormed up his courage and tried to think of a way to persuade the man.

After a few minutes, he stood up. Decided that he would rather die fighting than to not try at all. He opened his door and slowly walked out of his room. His breathing became a bit erratic, but then he saw Edward still in the exact same spot, reading with his glasses.

Brett with a shaky voice initiated

"Umm, hi?"