2. Captive

I'm sorry... i had to rewrite like 5 times because i didn't like how it went. Yeah, I'm so late. Sorry.😖

Brett was cornered in the alleyway. His eyes frantically looking everywhere for someone to save him, but all he saw was the man in a mask that had chased him, with a loaded gun in his hand.

“Let me go! I-i don’t have any money on me, please..i-i beg you!” Brett shouted with tears pooling up, too scared to even move.

“Heh, so pathetic” The man snickered, pointing the gun at him.

“Ple-please, if you let me go, I swear I won’t tell anyone, i swear!!” Brett kneeled down, eyes begging, hands clasped.

“What’s your name?” The man asked.

“B-Brett Y-ang”

“Go” The man said, stepping aside for Brett to go out of the alleyway.

“Uh..whaa”

Just like that?

“well, GO!” The man shouted.

Brett didn’t need to be told thrice. He got up and ran towards the street, he passed by the man but what he saw scared the hell out of him.

The eyes of the man were so LIFELESS!

Suddenly, the man swiftly turned around and hit the back of Brett’s head using his gun with full force. The only thing Brett could do was widening his eyes, falling face first to the ground, losing consciousness by the second.

The last thing he saw was a black van in front of him.

.

.

“Edward, don’t play with the victim” The man in the van came out.

“I’m not playing. Its just.. he wasn’t coping well.” Edward remarked.

Edward then picked up the unconscious Brett inside the van, cuffing both his hands and tying his legs together, putting a thick tape to cover his mouth and blindfolded him.

“All clear? No footage?”

“Yeah, no footage”

“As expected of the great Edward Chen. You have 5 days to get him to the place so, you better keep him in a good shape, that man’s going to be our salary for months”

Edward just nodded. The man walked away leaving them.

“Haaaa” Edward let out a breath taking off his mask. He looked at the unconscious man, this was normal to him as he got used to it.

But this job was different; he did not have to do anything but to just reach the destination in one piece. So, he was a bit glad as its pay was more than enough.

He put Brett in the backseat, laying him down and then he drove into the night.

.

.

Ughhh

Brett woke up to the excruciating pain coming from the back of his head.

It stings, ughh, it hurts.

He tried to move but he could feel the tightness of the ropes that was digging the flesh off of his hands and legs.

His tears soaked through the blindfold, he tried wriggling out but he failed weakly as he felt the ropes digged deeper. Then, the sound of the door opening made him stop moving, but he couldn’t help but shivered out of fear that he might be killed right there.