7. Day 2

Enjoy..

Edward somehow managed to get out of the room without answering Brett's question, he didn't know why he turned his head back to look at Brett at the last second before leaving him alone.

He sat on the couch and started to wonder, what could he mean by that? Why was he feeling as if he had done something extremely wrong? Why did it feel like he had already killed the man and that he was now living in his own nightmare? Why did this feel different from others, it was the same job so why?

He groaned out of frustration, feeling everything too oddly new to him as if it was his first job. He went to his bedroom to ponder things carefully. This man was the son of Mr. Yang so why did this person want him dead? If he wants him dead, why is he still so silent? Why wait for days? The person who hired him clearly didn't seem to be in need for money.

Every question led him more in confusion.

He lied down on the bed, trying to close his eyes and sleep but even after hours, he couldn't, something was keeping him up all night.

After what feels like an infinite amount of hours, he glanced to the window and saw the sun starting to peek up through the bushes and trees. He just watched as it floated up higher and higher, he rubbed his eyes as it felt stingy and decided to just have breakfast for the day.

He went out of his room but his feet unintentionally led to somewhere and stopped in front of Brett's room, curious on his state, he carefully opened the door and looked inside. He heard the light sleepy breathings of him and saw that he was still sleeping, probably exhausted from their shenanigans yesterday and walked in.

He got closer to him and eventually was by his side looking at him. He saw the fresh new bruises on him and the older ones that showed no signs of healing.

He let out a breath and walked out of the room without making a sound, closed the door and went to the kitchen, he put on his apron and checked the refrigerator, and decided to make some seaweed soup and chicken congee for them.

Them?

He was new to this thought but he didn't know why himself. He just wanted to make sure the guy's eating well, yep, definitely a brand new thought for him. He dismissed the thought and just started making it.

.

.

Brett stirred up due to noises coming from the kitchen, he opened his eyes and just stared off into space. He remembered he was really worn out from last night and just blacked out while crying, feeling his eyes completely bloated, he tried to get up. He somehow weakly managed to sit up, feeling every part of his body in pain, even his face, he let out grunts as he moved his muscles trying to get out of bed.

He went to the bathroom to clean himself up. He looked at himself in the mirror and see how he was totally covered with lumps and bumps of contusions, starting to blacken already too at that.

He was sceptical on how clean his was though, but too tired to even think, he just gingerly as he could, drizzle water onto his face so that at least the swellings of them would go down, but his mind couldn't help but think of the brutality of that person, beating him to a pulp but not yet killing him.

Am i his punching bag or what..tsk..sadistic person.. die and rot in hell

He cursed at him, knowing the fact that this was his second time cursing at a person. After minutes of cleaning himself up, he went out and just sat on the bed. Thinking carefully about everything that was happening, he made up his mind, he was done.

Then, a creak from his door broke his trance and positioned himself towards the door, looking straight at it.

Edward walked in, with his bowl of congee and was quite taken aback to see Brett was already awake and sitting. He cleared his throat as he felt some strange aura between them, something changed clearly. Looking at Brett who was still shutting his mouth and just staring, he took the chance to speak up.

"Get up and eat breakfast, it's on the table"

Brett didn't respond, not averting his eyes off of him. Edward squinted his eyes, eyebrows furrowed deep, clearly having no idea what Brett was doing.

"Are you gonna stare me to death? Just go and eat"

Edward then head for his room, not wanting the slightest sight of Brett eating in the same room as him.

Brett just watched as he went inside and shutting the door in an instant, he let out a long anxious sigh, feeling himself famished as he went on hours without a decent nutritious meal, he stood up with much trouble and walked out of his room.

He could straight away smell the aroma of the chicken, his stomach grew restless and started to growl, he fasten his pace and saw two pots, in which that delicious smell was coming out of.

He opened the lid and took in the smell, inhaling a long breath. He tiptoed up to the cabinet, grabbed two bowls and scooped a heap full of both.

He set the bowls down and without a brink of hesitation, started first on the congee. He could feel his tear sliding down as he relished on the warm sensation of the hot porridge, his first warm decent meal which felt like decades ago.

He took a sip of the piping hot soup, then started to gobble the whole thing up, going for his seconds already after a few minutes. He smiled on how he was able to eat even though he's going to die, dying with a full belly was more reassuring than dying on an empty stomach.

But he felt his stomach couldn't take up with his appetite and felt it starting to hurt a bit, having had his fill anyways he got up and cleaned the bowls. Having no idea on what to do next, he started exploring the house minding not be close to that person's room.

No Tv, such a couch and a shelf full of books and aside that, there was a marked book with reading glasses, he sat on the couch taking the book with him.

Brett wasn't a book worm, he didn't read much books but he now knows that his kidnapper loves it. Brett then flipped the pages but then the pages stopped flipping, there was something between the pages that had been tucked in carefully.

What is this?

Edward heard footsteps of Brett in his room, but he was rest assured as he basically made it pretty safe now, both for Brett and for him. Door all locked, keys with him, no sharp objects lying around.

He was halfway through his meal when he remembered something, something he forgot to take it with him.

The book!