CHAPTER 24 ♡

You betrayed me

And I know that you'll never feel sorry

For the way, I hurt

⛓PREPARE YOUR TISSUE BESTIE⛓

 ✨LISTEN TO THE SONG WHILE READING✨

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED 🥺🤌🏻

"I'm sorry you had to go through that. You don't have to carry everything by yourself; been there done that. I am here now."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Mikey touched my chin; he bent down to reach my level and kissed me on the lips. I didn't even respond to his kiss anymore; I'm so weak right now. I just gave him a sad smile and locked eyes with him.

"I know there's more, (Y/N)," Mikey said as he went back to his seat.

"I know." I sighed and continued my story.

"Wakasa and I became close after Shinchiro's death. He was the one who taught me how to fight with all my strength. He and Senju covered for me; as much as possible, they didn't want me to participate in fights at all costs. They knew I was a ticking bomb and a double edge sword. To be honest, nothing changed much about me; I just learned how to control my anger. Until one night, my father came to my room while I was crying. That was the first time he ever saw me cry, I wanted to open up to him, but nothing was coming out of my mouth. Instead, he brought me to one of our hideouts and taught me how to correctly wield a gun, aim with it and finally kill with it. I realize that's not something a normal parent would teach his kid, but sometimes raw power isn't worth much when it comes to a gun."

"Since my mother's death, I've been acting this way

"Since my mother's death, I've been acting this way. No one, not even my father, ever saw me as a prisoner of my own weakness. The death of Shinichiro served as a trigger, and it was Emma's death that caused me to lose control. When I was six years old, someone attacked our home and murdered my mother and brother. I was devastated. I was completely naive at the time. My body, on the other hand, just moved and snatched a kitchen knife, stabbing everybody who stood in my way. In order for me to stop, someone injected something onto my nape, causing me to fall asleep immediately."

"I awoke in a different location as a result of the injection. When I glanced to my left, I noticed my father sobbing quietly. He didn't even seem to notice that I had risen from my bed. I put my hand on his shoulder and questioned as to where my mother was. He leaned forward and stated, 'When we get home, I'll explain everything.' That's too much for a six-year-old, don't you think? But the best has yet to come. For the past three months, I always wake up looking for my mom in the middle of the night.-"

I stopped when I saw Mikey standing up, holding his phone. "You heard everything, Sanzu?" He said.

Sanzu was on speaker, "Yes. She's not lying, don't worry. I already scanned the files that Ran gave me."

Mikey glanced at me and ended the call with Sanzu. I swear, I'm so drained right now; I don't even have the will to question Mikey why his phone was on while I'm pouring my heart out. He walked towards me and started to remove the chains around my body.

As soon as I was free, I stood in front of him. We just locked eyes for 5 seconds. Then bam! I slapped him.

"Damn, you're the 2nd person who ever slapped me. That's one hella slap, though." He said while his face was still looking at the side due to my slap.

"You deserve it! I told you, I'm going to tell you my story, but you acted on your own and tied me up!" when I was about to take a shower, Mikey rushed towards me and held my wrist, making me stop from my tracks.

"I thought you would understand-"

"Understand? I'm so sick of people betraying me. Now, look at me, covered in bruises. This is what I get for trusting you. My night was going well, Mikey! " I slapped his hand away and faced him, trying to hold back my tears.

"Did I betray you? You were the one who betrayed me-" Mikey said, shouting at me.

"For fuck sake! I already said Im sorry! I made the hardest decision of my life by telling you my story. I was trying my b-best Mikey! I was trying my best to move on-" My voice already cracked as Mikey tried to touch my face, but I looked away.

"You're not even sorry for what you did to me! Don't give me that bullshit that you were being careful! What if Emma's still alive and someone did this to her? Would you be happy?" I broke down on the floor, covering my face with my hands.

"You have no idea how much I wanted to forget those. I'm still trying my best to change step by step. I was having a great night, Mikey, I-I-thought we're having a moment already, but you acted upon your will and tied me down to my fucking hotel room!" I stood up, wiping my tears.

"I'm sorry." He stood up and hugged me. I could feel my whole body shaking; his sincere tone made me cry more. You're sorry for my past, not for what you did to me, Mikey.

"It's okay, I completely understand. I'm just so weak right now... I don't even know when was the last time I felt true happiness." Mikey removed my hands from my face and spoke. "You don't have to forgive me right now, but I promise you,-" I cut him off.

"Enough with the promises," I stated and went to the bathroom.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I stood in the shower, letting the water drip down on my body. Heck, I've been here for an hour already. I can feel the water from the shower running down my cheeks along with my tears.

I came back to reality when I heard a knock. "Hey, I ordered you your own Daiyaki. I'm sorry I ate everything  a while ago without sharing it with you...."

"Thank you. I'll go out in a while." I replied in a monotone voice to  Mikey while turning off the shower.

When I went out, I saw him on the edge of the bed, looking down while holding a box of Daiyaki. When he saw me come out of the door and walked towards me, handling the box.

"Hey, I'll just book another room to sleep-" I cut him off.

"It's okay. you can sleep next to me."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Good thing he's a heavy sleeper. He was hugging me ever since we went to bed together.

I heard him sleep talk... 'Gomen, nii-san, Gomen, Emma.....' (I'm sorry, brother – I'm sorry Emma). A tear was shed from my eyes again. 

Fuck I can't take this anymore. I removed Mikey's hand around my waist and silently packed my things.

Before I left, I looked back and glanced at Mikey, who is sleeping peacefully. And murmured something to myself...

'I'm sorry, Mikey. Know that you will always be my what if.'