Subject: I'll Be Home For Christmas (You Can Plan On Me)

Prompt: Peter is driving home from MIT during Christmas and a snowstorm hits sooner than expected. His car loses control but he still swears to himself he'll be home for Christmas. He needs to see his dad.

It's sad and angsty in the beginning but don't worry, fluff emuses in the end :)) it's Christmas guys, I'm not a monster

I hope you guys got everything you wanted and spend some time with the people closet to you today. It's been a hell of a year, right?? Make it count, though <3

Enjoy!! And Merry Christmas❄️☃️

Btw please listen to the song while reading :) Bing Crosby is my favorite Christmas singer and the song hits when you really think about the purpose of the song: someone who doesn't know if they'll be able to make it home for the holidays.

********

Peter drove slowly down the empty road, mindlessly drumming his fingers on the steering wheel to the rock version of Jingle Bells that Tony had suggested that morning when he called to let him know he was leaving. It was a four and a half hour drive, so he needed entertainment; and preferably the festive kind, to get himself in the mood. School had stressed him out and he didn't get to leave until today: Christmas Eve.

He glanced at the sky, and noticed the dark clouds swarming. He heard the weather report say that a snowstorm was going to hit, and that New York and the surrounding areas were in for a "White Christmas," but he didn't expect it to start until he got home. Peter bit his lip anxiously as the first snowflake fluttered down and hit his windshield. He began cursing his Parker Luck™ that it just had to snow today, right now.

I'll be home for Christmas

A couple years ago when Peter was 17, May had died at his hands, and it hurt Peter knowing this was his second Christmas without her. He was adopted by Tony and is technically now Peter Parker-Stark, and not just plain old Peter Parker, but the Parker Luck™ still remained, as vicious as ever. He almost contemplated not having children since he didn't want to curse them with his own Parker Luck™, but Tony threatened to disown him if he decided that and after scoffing said, "Any kid of yours is going to be deviously reckless, Parker blood or not."

After a while it became hard to see and Peter felt the cold seeping in, so he turned up the heat, muttering something like, "stupid radioactive blood," under his breath as he did so. The windshield wipers were going full force and the road was now completely covered. He had at least three hours of driving left, and was worried that if he stopped he may get stuck.

He kept driving slowly along, the only thing accompanying the anxiety eating away at the pit of his stomach was a bouncy version of Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer playing on the radio (courtesy of Tony).

It all happened too, fast. Way too fast.

You can plan on me

One second, he was driving nervously, and the next, his car skidded out of control and it barelled off the road, flipping a couple times before miraculously landing on it's side.

Peter inhaled sharply as he felt pain spread through his whole body as the car went flying through the air, and as he smacked his head against the headrest all he could see was black.

When he came to, snow was flurrying into the car and top-notch speeds and he himself was covered in the white, heavenly substance. He shivered, his teeth chattering. This was not good. The sun was beginning to go down and he knew by the looks of it he was supposed to have arrived in New York hours ago.