𝚂𝚞𝚋𝚓𝚎𝚌𝚝: 𝙽𝚞𝚔𝚎𝚍

I always liked this trope, so I decided to write one for myself! :)

Prompt: Peter's interaction with Tony during the battle in the Avengers as his biological kid, when he was flying the nuke into the portal, and if Tony called Peter instead of Pepper.

So according to the years, Avengers took place in 2012 and Peter was born in 2001, so in this story Peter is 11 years old. He has a babysitter and stuff so even while Pepper is away (because she was on a plane flying somewhere during the battle in Avengers) he can stay in New York with his dad.

I hope you enjoy!! <3

********

Tony held onto the nuke tightly, flying straight up beside the Avengers tower.

"Boss," JARVIS began, "Would you like me to dial Peter?"

"Yeah," Tony breathed. "Yeah, of course. Might as well."

The contact picture of his smiling, giddy kid appeared in his HUI vision, and he couldn't help but smile.

Back at Midtown, Peter gasped in surprise when his phone began vibrating trough his bag, plastered against his back.

He tore his phone out with such speed he could've broken it. But, sitting in his class, watching his father fly a treacherous nuke into an even more alarming space portal on the news, he figured he had a good reason to have broken it.

He glanced at his teacher, sitting in the front of the room, gandering at the small television mounted in the top corner, with a clear expression of worry on her face.

Then, Peter decided, he didn't care.

He swiped the answer button on his phone and sprinted our of the classroom and down the hall at lightning speed.

He hadn't even bothered to see who was calling, but some sense within him knew exactly who it would be,

"Dad?"

"Hey, buddy," Tony's soft voice came filtering through the phone and Peter could very quietly hear the air rushing past on the other end of the line.

"Dad, why are you- Dad you can't- I- I..." the young genius was at a loss for words. He rushed outside the doors of his school, running down the sidewalk to the center of Manhattan where he knew his father was flying into space.

"Hey, shh, Bambi, you'll be alright. I'm just taking a quick trip to space, no harm done."

"There's harm done if you bought a one way ticket."

Tony clenched his fists around the nuke as he was readying to enter the portal.

"Hey, I love you Petey, okay? Don't forget that, I love you so, so, so, so much."

Peter whimpers, and then whines into the phone, "I love you too, I-I'm sorry, I-"

"Hey, no apologies, Bambino. Remember that?"

"..Yeah," Peter whispers quietly.

Then, the only sound coming through the line was static, and looking up at the sky, the eleven year old picked up his pace.

He tripped over a couple things and even fell into the debris once, a red gash blooming on the side of his forehead, where crimson blood oozed.

He didn't care though, all he cared about was his dad.

"Connection is lost, sir," JARVIS announces, and Tony nods.

Having let go of the nuke, he's now free falling into the dark abyss, and he's not sure if he's going to end up stuck in the darkness forever, or if he'll get to see the bright atmosphere of New York once again. Peter's words ring in his head, "There's harm done if you bought a one way ticket."

Tony allows a small smile to creep onto his face, and he closes his eyes, to the thought of his son, his Peter, who he was proud of to no end- who he loved more than the universe itself.

Miraculously, Peter looks up at the sky, and there's the Iron Man suit, glimmering in the broad daylight, making a grand fall back down to earth.

His heart soars, then drops, as he realizes he's okay, but who will catch him?

"Dad!" Peter yells, the scream ripping through his throat while he runs toward the now unlively center of the battle.

Captain America, Thor, and the Hulk are all standing before him, and he doesn't even register the thought to be embarrassed- even though he's obviously standing there in the middle of the destroyed city, with big, fat tears rolling down his reddened cheeks. 

They are all looking up at the sky, and Peter joins them, breath hitching and sputtering through his distressed, open sobs.

The suit is edging closer and closer to the city ground, and so is the man inside of it.

Suddenly, the hulk jumps from the ground and grabs Tony, wrapping him under his arm like it was nothing, and sliding down the side of a tall skyscraper, causing more collateral damage as he does so.

The large, green mutant flops on the ground with a grunt, and Tony is thrown carelessly to the side.

Peter feels a quick burst of livid anger rush through him, but he discards it as he runs and slides to his knees beside his father, doling out multiple scrapes and brushburns in the process.

"Hey, kid you're not supposed to-" Caption America begins to say, but the young Stark interrupts immediately.

"He's my dad!" He cries, tears still falling, and the Captain doesn't even bother to think that it's just a hysterical fanboy, because he takes one look at Tony's face, then the kid's, and he sees it.

They sit there looking helpless, and Peter feels more helpless then all of them, his hands roaming over the suit as if to check for injuries through the armor.

A gigantic roar escapes the Hulk's mouth, and Peter grimaces, snapping his eyes shut and pulling his hands to cover his ears as more tears fall down his cheeks and he sobs harder.

Then, two metal-clad hands are grasping his round cheeks, and he opens his eyes, slowly permitting himself to glance downward, and he's met with his father's concerned, brown irises.

"Hey, there's my Bambi," Tony says, a genuine smile coating his lips in an instant, because those baby cheeks and doe eyes were just the thing he wanted to see as soon as he woke up.

Then, he realizes that they're in the middle of the destroyed city, and Peter's blood is dripping onto his suit.

"Peter," Tony hissed, looking up at the huge cut across his son's temple and forehead. "You ran here from Midtown?"

He didn't even bother to let Peter answer, "Who am I kidding? Of course you did, bambino," he mutters.

Then, the kid bursts into tears again, and the water is pooling at his chin instantaneously.

"I was.. I was so scared," Peter breathes out, and his lungs are burning, virtually giving up on him.

"It's okay, it's okay.. I'm here now. I told you it would only be a quick trip to space," Tony assures him, pressing a kiss to his luxurious curls and then pulling his head into his chest.

"Not a one way ticket," Peter whispers, shaking his head into the comforting Iron Man armor.

"Never," Tony confirms.

********

What do we think about this one?? Unedited as always so don't be afraid to correct me on any mistakes.

Honestly two one shots about falling in a row is a bit dark and sadistic of me but.. this is an angsty book, after all.

I do add comfort. Ofc, hurt/comfort supremacy!!

I hope you enjoyed reading as much as I did writing! <3

~Aubree/Potatoes/Skittles