𝚂𝚞𝚋𝚓𝚎𝚌𝚝: 𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢, 𝙺𝚒𝚍

Listen to the song while reading please!

Peter stands in the bright green grass, lazily moving his tie as MJ stands before him. The lake glitters in the now setting sun, and the 15 year old can still see the small floating orb out in the water. Proof that Tony Stark has a heart.

Boy, did they get that right. Peter and Tony both knew the father-son connection between the two. Pete is the son Tony always (partially) wanted and needed, and Tony was the father that the boy needed once more.

But, then again, Parker luck never lasts. Never.

Peter's 2nd father figure had slipped from his grasp. First Ben, and now Mr. Stark. Even before that, his actual father and mother were both killed before he could even say goodbye.

He gets snapped out of his thoughts by MJ shaking him. "Loser!" she snarls. "I lost you for like, an hour." Peter's cheeks flush red. "Sorry." She nods, and continues. "Look, dude, I think you need a break. We need a break, I mean. You need time to heal from Stark's death, and you know it. Just grieve, Peter. Grieve for the loss of your Dad. For his sake."

Peter looks up at her with his brown doe eyes. The sunset sparkles in them as the young one frightfully nods. His heart breaks into millions, watching MJ walk away.

Without another word, he falls to his knees, tears blurring his vision. Pete sniffles as he remembers exactly how Mr. Stark died.

Peter swings down, panting, and frantically looking towards his mentor. Concern sparks in his eyes, as well as tears. A whimper gets caught in his throat.

The teen sprints toward the man. "Mr. stark," Peter says, voice wavering.
"He-ey..! Mr. Stark. Can you hear me?" The billionaire shows no sign of movement, until his head lolls down to see the unmasked Peter Parker. "I-It's Peter," He stutters out.

Peter pants, breathing uneven for a second. "Hey," he whispers, then speaking up. "We won, Mr. Stark." It takes all he has not to spill his feelings out one by one. "Mr. Stark. We won, Mr. Stark. We won. You did it. You did it, Sir, you did it."

The friendly neighborhood Spiderman finally breaks, voice cracking in the middle of his pathetic apology. He let his mentor down. Again. Peter can feel it. And this time, there's no second chance. "I-I'm so-orry.." He pauses for a second.. and for the first time, he used first name basis. "..Tony."

Peter keeps his hand on Stark's chest, while leaning the other half down toward the ground, silently sobbing. He feels someone's hand on his shoulder, and he stands, taking his left hand off the Iron Man suit. The kid feels like he's letting go for good.. and honestly, he is.

Peter covers his mouth with his other hand as Pepper rubs his back for a moment. Still sobbing uncontrollably, he backs up and lets Pepper talk to her husband.

"Hey," Pepper whispers. She calls out something to FRIDAY, but Peter doesn't hear it. He focuses on Tony, and Tony alone. "Tony. Look at me," Pepper calmly orders. Peter can see the hurt in her eyes as Tony carefully turns his head towards Ms. Potts.

"We're gonna be okay. You can rest now." Peter assumes Pepper is talking about Tony's little 5 year old daughter, which he knew little to nothing about. He just learned of her maybe, not even, 3 hours ago..?

Peter can't help to watch anymore. He covers his mouth with both hands, slowly backing away from the scene, bawling. He looks over, sniffles, and sees the light blue glow of the arc reactor fade away.

"No. Mr. Stark.." Peter whimpers, curling up in a ball on the grass. "Come back to me. I still need you.."

He thinks he hears footsteps, and a light blue glow radiates off of something above him. "Hey," someone says. Parker recognizes the voice, and looks up. The figure of Tony wavers in front of him, squatting, the arc reactor glowing and buzzing calmly.

Peter's innocent brown eyes seem to run out of water.

"M-Mr. Stark?" He sputters out. Tony nods. "Yep. It's me." Peter sits up, and the older mentor wipes his tears. "Don't worry, kid. I'll be watching out for you. I know the big man personally up there." Stark chuckles and gestures to the sky, before continuing. "You'll come out perfect in the end. Don't worry, kid, okay?"

Tony cups Peter's face in his hands. "And I need to get it off my chest, Pete.. I love you. And don't you even forget that. You're one of the best things that ever happened to me, kid. You're a large part of my whole world. I have to go now, back up there.. in Heaven. But I'll watch your every move, Parker," He says. Peter nods, leaning into the touch. "Don't misbehave," Mr. Stark jokes.

Peter smiles slightly and nods again. "I love you too.. Dad." Tony warmly smiles, before fading, particles floating up into the sky.

May appears from around the corner of the cabin. "Peter?" She says, squinting. "Are you alright?! I've been looking for you everywhere! Oh, who were you talking to, though..?" Peter smiles and wipes his eyes.

"Oh, no one," the kid smugly says, looking up towards the sky.

I think this was a great chapter. Some amazing feels for this. I'm still crying like a baby over here.. it's so sad.. Why am I writing this stuff.. I don't even know.. Let me know if you guys want more pieces that hit the heart (hard) like this one.

❤️💙❤️💙