𝚂𝚞𝚋𝚓𝚎𝚌𝚝: 𝙼𝚎𝚕𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝙾𝚏 𝙸𝚛𝚘𝚗 (𝙷𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕??)

A/N: Thanks for 300! Many more to come

----------

Tony Stark was known for his heart of steel, or maybe, iron. He wasn't expected to have a soft spot for someone. Not even for people in general.

But a few people broke the hard exterior of his heart to reveal the soft side.

----------

"Steve, your going to scratch it again!" Tony huffed at Steve, who was chopping onions into little pieces with his shield. "But all the knives are dirty, Tones!" Steve cries, glancing at his new found boyfriend with the "eyebrows of disappointment."

"Fine, fine. No one wants to chop onions with a dirty knife. Continue," Tony chuckles, kissing Steve on the cheek as he strides to the elevator.

"I'm going to get some spices!"

"But we have so-"

"Byeeee!"

Steve shook his head and sighed, wiping off the edge of his shield.

----------

"Why are you doing this?" Tony asked the kid, making eye contact with him for one of the first times.

"When you can do the things that I can," Peter paused. "But you don't.. and then the bad things happen.." He lifted his head to look at Mr. Stark.

"They happen because of you."

Tony's expression softens, because he knows, that this innocent boy, shouldn't have had to go through all of this. He only has his (incredibly hot) Aunt May left, his only family member.

Tony makes a mental note to talk to this kid again.

----------

"You know the yellow sparkly thing that he does?" Peter says, trying to explain in a rush. "And then we-"

"Hold me kid, hold me,"Tony whispered, so only Peter could hear. They embraced, and they stayed there. Peter and Tony. Mentor and mentee. Father and son.

Iron Man and Spider-Man.

"This is nice," Peter mumbles.

Tony can tell that he's smiling. And the billionaire can't help but smile and look up at the sky, thanking the person people would call God.

Thank you,

For bringing my kid back to me.

----------

"Mr. Stark! What do you think?" Peter asked, running into the lab.

Tony doesn't look up yet, mumbling a, "Mr. Stark makes me feel old, kid" before finally glancing up. He makes a double take, when he notices the kid in sunglasses and a suit, and his hair in blow-dry state so it's soft and fluffy. He wears a small fake goatee as well.

"Wait, wait, what are you wearing?" Tony asks, eyes widened in disbelief.

"My Halloween costume."

"And you're-"

"-I'm you!" Peter finishes for his mentor, smiling wide.

"You look perfect, Pete. Happy Halloween," Tony says with a smile, pulling the kid into a side hug.

He feels his heart melt and almost let's out an "Aww" when Peter leans into the touch. He really does care for the kid, and it's not just because of the spooks this season.

----------

Beneath this grumpy exterior beats the heart of a dashing hero.

------

Hope you like it!