Chapter. 9

Chapter Nine: Mafia?!?!

Rain Moretti

The next morning I woke up alone  and was thankful not see Angelo's face. I wanted my day to begin with something less tense and intimidating.

I dragged myself to the bathroom and took a shower and got dressed. Today's weather was partly cloudy with a little bit of sun, so I wore a floral white dress.

I walked to the kitchen and to my surprise someone was already there. It was a boy who looked about seventeen or sixteen.

"Cognata, it's nice to meet you. I'm so sorry I couldn't make it to your wedding." He said with a cheery tone and hugging me.

"You are?"

"I'm Roman." He said grinning at me.

The puzzled look on my face must have gave it away that I didn't know him.

"Angelo's younger brother, to be precise." He finished off.

"Oh, then it's nice to meet you. Have you eaten yet?" I asked him.

"Most definitely."

Roman was similar to Dontello kind of. He told me that he went to a school trip and that's the reason he missed the wedding.

We were sitting on the kitchen stools and talking while I ate my breakfast that consisted of scrambled eggs, beacon and toasted cheese sandwich.

"Tell me why do people call Angelo the Don?" I've been meaning to ask this since.

"Well, mainly because it's a sign of respect and Angelo is the capo of the Italian mafia." He said with a shrug.

"You mean he kills people,sells drugs and does more illegal stuff?" I asked with wide eyes.

"He does more than that, but yes. I have to go now, see you." Roman said and waved as he left.

I felt sick, like I was going to throw up then and there. The fact that I slept with a murderer made me feel uneasy. Was Angelo going to kill me at some point?

"Mrs Moretti are you okay, you look a bit pale." A maid that just came asked me.

She was different from Claire, her aura was light and she didn't show any sign of fear when speaking to me.

"Ye-eah, I'm okay. Water would be good though." I told her.

"What's your name?"

"Aria." She said, and handed me my water.

"That's a nice name, how long have you been working here." It felt like a deja vu moment.

"More or less you say roughly five years. I've worked or could you say lived since I was sixteen. My mother is the head maid." She told me smiling.

"Oh, so you know about the Mafia?" I tried asking her.

"Rain right, yeah I'll stick to calling you that.Yes, the Moretti family is part of the most ruthless biggest crime organisation. In all of my years I've spent here, never have I seen a don as merciless as Don Angelo. He's worse then the previous Don." Aria said in one breath.

She was about to tell me more when someone interupted her.

"Aria that's enough! Don't you have work to do?" It was the guy who was speaking to Angelo last night.

Without another word Aria had left the kitchen to continue with her duties. When I was making my way to my room the guy spoke up again.

"You shouldn't believe what comes from other people Donna." He said.

"Are you saying I shouldn't believe what Roman told me himself?"

"Roman did what?" He looked taken aback my response. 

"Whatever your name is I think whatever Aria told me was true and my suspicions have been confirmed without a doubt." I said in irritated tone.

I just stomped to my room after that. I was angry no I was furious. At my parents, Angelo and all the damn people of this house. I felt caged and suffocated.

~~~~~

I woke up to the sound of a phone ringing. My vision was still hazy, as I stood up and searched. The sound lead me to the drawer bedside the bed.

"Hello?" I said in nearly a whisper.

"Tesoro." Came his husky voice. My knees become weak instantly as if I were to fall. My stomach had butterflies. Why am I reacting like this?

"I won't be back for awhile, Marco, Dontello and Roman will be keeping you company until I return." He said.

"Oh, that's okay." I don't know if I was still angry or what.

"And please tell the maids to fucken mind their own business. I don't pay them to chit chat or call you by name." Angelo spoke sternly.

Eh? How did he know that? Does he have hidden cameras?

"Bye now." Then the line went dead.

"He didn't even say I love you." I mumbled.

Vote and comment 🌻

Don't you think Aria's too forward?