Chapter 49

Chapter forty nine : Alessandro Moretti

Rain Moretti

I don't want to seem mean or anything, but being here at this moment didn't feel right. At first I saw Aria as friend, and the way she just up and left, right after I was almost assaulted didn't sit right with me.

"How are you? Wait no. Don't answer. You look ravishingly gorgeous as always." She ranted, letting go of me. " We have so much catching up to do."

The actual audacity of this girl.

"I'm good as you can see, and you don't look to bad yourself. And no we do not have to catch up." I said taking a step back.

Aria wore a short, black mini skirt, with fish net stocking underneath. She had dyed her hair, a dark red color and it was in a pixie cut.

A look of confusion crossed her features as she stared at me. "Is something wrong?"

"Aria, look I don't want to course a scene, not now and not here at least but how could you ask me that. You just left without a word. No goodbye or a reason. I felt like I was at fault for your sudden disappearance and do you have a slight idea of how that made me feel." I resorted trying to control my emotions.

"I know left when things were rocky between us, but I can explain. The Do-"

"I am in no mood for your explanations right now, I have to go." I tried moving away from her, but she blocked me from doing so.

"What happened to you? You weren't like this before." She responded, a hint of anger laced in her words.

" I grew a spine. That's what happened." I was really tired and just wanted to go home and sleep. My hormones were playing with me again and I didn't have enough energy to deal with Aria and her shit.

Luckily Amelia came to my rescue." Are you ready to go?" She asked linking our arms together.

I turned to look at her and replied." Yeah, most definitely."

Thank god Amelia didn't even spare Aria a second glance as we started walking away, as she said. " Natalia's driver is outside, so is yours and mines."

" Can I at least have your number? " Aria shouted as we walked out, which caused Amelia to turn back, and give me a questioning gaze.

"Do you know her?"

"She's just someone I used to know, don't mind her."

We got outside, and Natalia was standing with her finance Elijah, which made me wonder when did he get here.

" I'm going to go guys, something needs my attention urgently." Amelia said seriously, as she bid us goodbye.

I followed soon after, thanking both of them for the lovely day.

" We definitely have to do this again, sometime soon." Natalia said enthusiastically.

" I'm not so sure about that." I gave her a hug, which she returned with a kiss on my cheek.

The entire drive back home was pleasant, as I thought how lucky I was to have Natalia and Amelia as my friends. Something I have never had before. It was a nice feeling. I hummed a non-existent tune as I stared outside.