Chapter 43

Chapter forty three : Ice cream

Rain Moretti

Karma's a bitch and frankly that's just what Angelo needed to know.

I had walked back to the guest bedroom, took a luke warm shower and then settled for some Prime Video. In all honesty I think we can all agree that Bailey is the problem and that Jeremiah doesn't need to be so hot.

After a while I got bored and I doubt Angelo would want to keep me company after the little stunt I pulled on him earlier on.

I changed into a pair of Nike tracksuit pants and a vest and decided to head to the gym on the other side the house, crossing fingers that I don't meet with that Lila punta. It was so quiet and peaceful and I decided to go on the treadmill first.

The feeling of my muscles burning was something I haven't felt in a while and to say it felt good would be an understatement. Running was something mother and I would do regularly, it was a common interest between us, we bonded over it in a way.

I was so absorbed in the sound of Kali Uchis' in Endlessly that I didn't hear Donatello enter the room. Until his face appeared in my field of vision.

I'm pretty sure that my heart almost stopped as I took my ear pods off and switched off the treadmill, "You almost gave me a heart attack." I said glaring at him.

"Well that would have been very unfortunate now would it not?" He said grinning.

"On who's part? Mines or yours? "

"I guess we will never know." He said with a shrug of his shoulders. "What are you doing here sorella? I never thought of you as the 'working out' type.'"

" I can be very full of surprises, when I want to." I told him with a smug smile.

Donatello laughed at my response and asked me, "Are you feeling better now?"

"So much better that I feel like going out for ice cream." I responded, while he helped me down. I took a towel and wiped away any sweat that was present and drank some water.

"Then I shall accompany you to the kitchen your majesty." He said gesturing for me to take his arm.

I gave him a puzzled look as I took his arm and we made our way towards the kitchen. " Why the kitchen? "

" That's where the ice cream is. " Donatello told me in a duh like tone.

" I said go out, as in leave the premises and have some Milky Lane ice cream or something."

That made Donatello stop walking, " Do you really think my brother would seriously allow that sorella? "

" Not really, butttt you are his brother so he might say yes?"

" What makes you think that? If anything Angelo does not care about what I do in my free time."

" And that's the more reason you should come with me, that way he won't have to worry about me, course I'll be with you." I explained to him, pulling him along the stairs.

Realization dawned on him, "No ways sorella. We could get into trouble. I could get into trouble."

"What your brother doesn't know won't kill him. Let me just get changed real quick and we will go si?" With that said I rushed to the guestroom, took a quick shower and changed into mom jeans and a baggy sweater.