Chapter. 20

Chapter twenty: Paintings and fun

Rain Moretti

I found myself sitting infront of my canvas and painting. This painting was not what I had in mind, to be honest I don't even know how I got here.

Angelo's half painted face stared back at me as I tried figuring out what was missing.

A week has gone by since the ball and everything has been slowly working out, atleast that's what I'd like to see it.

In an hour I was to meet Natalia and Amelia for late lunch and some shopping. We've gotten closer and I really like them, despite the ugly gossiping about people behind their backs.

Angelo on the other hand one moment, he's hot the next he's cold. I think he's bipolar, seriously. 

He left on Wednesday without saying anything and got Marco to inform me about his leave.

A knock startles me out of my thoughts and I quickly scrambled to get the painting covered from anyone's eyes. I mutter a small come in and Dontello enters with a tray of fruits.

"I come in peace." He jokes.

"I can see." I said taking the tray away from him a popping a blueberry in my mouth.

"Cognata you've been here all day! I have been looking for you." Dontello said from behind me.

"Yeah, I guess reading and watching TV all day wasn't really cutting it out."

"I see. So any art I can see yet?" He questions looking directly at the covered painting.

"There's nothing to see." I rushed out as I stood before it.

"It's okay cognat-"

Dontello was interupted by Roman who came barging in the paint smelling room.

"Let's go watch a movie, I'll let you choose this time." Roman said grinning.

"Fratello don't you have anything better to do?" Dontello asked his younger brother whose grin had turned to a pout.

"Nope, why find anything to do when all my entertainment lies on bothering you." Roman said now smirking. I salute his facial expressions please.

"You guys carry on your bickering elsewhere, I have some things to do." I told them pushing them out.

Once the two had disappeared from the hallway I locked my art room and made my way to our bedroom.

I check my phone for any messages or missed calls and there's none, so I walk to the bathroom take a soothing bath.

When I was done with my dress I wore a maroon mini winter dress with black stockings and black ankle boots. I looked decent enough to go out and brought a coat just in case.

I preferred taking a taxi then letting any of Angelo's men drive me. The girls and I met at a cafe.

"So have you guys been." I said joining the girls.

"I've been busy as fuck. I don't even have time to breathe." Natalia spoke. I envied her, atleast she wasn't some type of stay at home wife.

"I've also been busy but not so much. What about you?" Amelia said.

"Nothing interesting really." I said taking a sip of my lemonade.

We talked some more as usual about anything and everything. "Hey how about we go clubbing." Natalia suggested.

"Now?"

"Yes that's a great idea." Amelia inquired.

We had a little lunch platter before deciding to go clubbing.

Part of me wanted to call Angelo and let him know, another part said he can go jump.

Natalia was already dressed in a skin tight black dress that reach her mid thigh, it was as if she planned it and Amelia was dressed in tight skinny ripped jeans and a tank top.

We kind of looked like teenagers, either ways that didn't matter because we looked hot anyways.

The club was nothing but packed. As soon as we entered, I saw lights, strippers and people dancing. Some where drunk but other seemed tipsy.

"Let's get wasted." Amelia said as she dragged us through the crowd towards the bar. 

"What can I get you ladies tonight." Said the bartender. He was handsome, but had nothing on Angelo, he took the cake when it came to looks.

"Nine shots of vodka." Amelia said smiling at him.

"Henry on the rocks." Natalia ordered next.

Clueless me just drunk whatever they were having and before any of us knew it, we were wasted and on the dancefloor dancing away to the Weekend.

I saw the fire in your eyes
I saw the fire when I look into your eyes. You told me things you want to try. (Uh)
I know temptation us the devil in disguise.

You risk it all to feel alive, oh yeah
You're offering yourself to me like a sacrifice
You said you do this all the time
Tell me you'll love me if I bring you to light

It's like a dream what she feels with me
She loves to be on the edge
Her fantasy is okay with me
Then suddenly, baby says...

"Take my breath away, and make it last forever babe, do it now or never, babe (ah). Take my breath away, nobody does it better babe." Natalia slurred or the loud music.

The club was in full swing and for a moment I forgot who I was until I saw those stormy greyish blue eyes.

Oops I'm dead !

Vote and comment 🌻