Chapter 28

Chapter twenty eight: Shots showered.

Rain Moretti

As a child I've always craved a sense of normalcy. But this is not what I signed up for, not even one bit.

We were under attack, gun shots could be heard and bullets were flying everywhere. This situation also made me question, why was I still respiring at a time like this.

~24 Hours ago~

"Angelo, I'm bored. Did we have to go back? It's too soon." I said, undoing my seatbelt, so I can sit next to him.

"You're always bored, there's nothing new." He said not spearing me a glance, and continued typing.

"Fuck you." I said with irritation and stormed off to find something that could keep me occupied for a while.

"I wouldn't mind." He mumbled. Horny fuck!

Silicy was wonderful no doubt, but when my so dear glorious husband told me, we have to go back to New York, I was more than pissed, added irritated and sulky to the list.

We bearly spent a week in Silicy and we already had to go back. So here I am or rather we are, in the same plane that brought us here, taking us back. It hasn't even been that long since we boarded.

...

Who knew traveling could be this exhausting? Even when flying first class. I woke up caged in Angelo's tight hold, my head was on his chest, while he kept a tight hole on me, ever so bringing me closer with every wiggle I made.

"Angelo let go."

"Go back to sleep." He said, half asleep.

"If you don't let go, I won't stop bothering you." I said as a matter of fact.

My pleas fell on deaf ears, course the next ten minutes were spent in silence, as I hoped he'd let me go but no avail at all.

As any normal human being in my situation would act, I started pinching him. He wouldn't budge so pinched a spot by his neck and he growled.

Angelo's eyes snapped open and he gave me a glare, I took this as my chance to escape and ran to the bathroom.

I took a shower and did my usual routine then wrapped a towel around myself. When I got out Angelo only glared at me but in a more playful manner than went to the bathroom shutting the door behind him.

After getting dressed, I walked to the dinning Hall, that only had a few maids Running around preparing for what seemed like lunch or breakfast, I don't know.

Less than five minutes later I was joined by Dontello, who was in his formal attire as always.

"Cognata, it's so good to have you back." Dontello said giving me a side hug. Ah he only jolly soul, in this house.

"Can't say the same really." I answered him honestly.

"What? You didn't want to come back?" He asked playfully.

"Yes, we barely stayed a week."

"You wound me, I thought you would miss me." He said feigning being hurt as he placed his hand on his chest.

"I did. Your brother was as ass  sometimes." I said grinning at him, while we took our seats at the table.

"You mean all the time." He replied with a smile of his own, just then Angelo came down all dressed in all black like he was attending some funeral.

"Speak of the devil." Dontello said giving his brother a smile, which Angelo just looked at him with a bored look.

The maids started serving us once my husband was seated and the food was just amazing, or maybe I was just hungry. The other three were out 'business' as Dontello said it, so it was just us three.

Eventually, Angelo and Dontello both had to leave, which angered me a little. I was used to seeing my husband face for the past few days, and I missing Dontello's humour , so knowing that I was gonna be alone made me sad. Talk about dramatic.

The rest of my day was boring as hell, that was until I remembered my unfinished painting. I was so lost in my painting that I didn't even hear my phone ring.

It's ringing sounds were followed by a series of gunshots echoing rapidly throughout the house/yard.

~Back to reality~

With shaky hands and uneven breathing I placed my paintbrush down and covered the painting, not caring if it would smug.

I took my ringing phone and answered it, not looking at the caller ID. "Hello?" I spoke with slight fear evident in my voice.

"Rain where the fuck are you?" Angelo's voice shouted through the screen.

"I-i-'m in the painting room why? Angelo what's going on?" I asked panicking all of a sudden.

"Fuck. Stay there, lock the door and don't open for any one. Do you hear me Rain?" Hearing his words, did not worry me but it also scared me further.

"Hmm." I hummed to the phone while trying to keep my tears at bay.

"I'm coming." He spoke before the line suddenly went dead.

I tried calling him repeatedly but the call wouldn't go through. The gunshots were getting louder and louder at this point, and I figured I should what I was told.

The door was now locked and I was scared shirtless, oh my fucken god what if I was going to die today?

I could hear multiple footsteps from the second floor and my heart beat escalated, I couldn't hold my tears anymore so of course I started crying.

It was quite for awhile, then I heard footsteps and the sound of door being opened. It was expected and not at the same time, but the handle of the door at the room I was in started jiggling, meaning someone was trying to get in.

Oh god no.

Vote and comment 🌻

Ding Dong 🌬️