📽 nice to meet you. (yelena × kate) ep. 1

Nice To Meet You: The Series

EPISODE 1: Katniss Everdeen and Scotch, On the House

3rd Person POV:

Yelena currently has a side job at a bar while waiting for the new company she signed up with to give her an assignment. It's the the company her ex-black widow friend, Ana, referred her to. She just started getting back on her feet after a few months of sulking with cripling anxiety and depression because of the snap. Apart from that, she has been trying to deal with her grief after losing her sister, Natasha as well.

It's just like any other night at the bar. Not a lot of customers. But there are good nights and bad nights but that didn't really matter to her for as long as she's earning something. She always wanted to spend more time in the states, in New York specifically. Where her sister spent most of her time saving the world. Where everything started for Natasha when she decided to go west. Now, it's Yelena's turn to finally do something with her life. Starting in Brooklyn, New York.

×××

Yelena's POV:

Gosh, it has been almost a month since I've been here and it's starting to get boring. I'm not gonna lie, it was quite a nice change of pace. Not having to run around, punching people, electrocuting them or worse, killing them as an occupation. Even after the Red Room was brought down, my mission was to free the widows that were planted all over the world by Dreykov. Sure, I didn't have to kill anyone anymore but even then, it still has something to do with hurting people since the widows that were brainwashed were still pretty much violent as how Dreykov left them.

But it really is starting to get boring. Mixing drinks, serving people with their drink requests, wiping glasses and then mixing drinks again. Hearing them speak about their bullshit in life as they drink while I wipe more glasses. It's just the same pattern over and over again and I need something that would give me excitement and adrenaline once again. I'm getting sick of this.

"Shit!" a brunette girl panted as she barged into the bar. Shutting the doors right away as she hid behind a pillar to try and hide herself which is starting to make me curious.

A group of men who I assumed were chasing someone, passed by the windows. Looking for someone. Wait, no. I get it now. They were looking for her. They didn't saw her inside the bar so they crossed the street and assumed that she got away.

Well, tonight just got interesting.

I scanned her and she has cuts all over her face. Her lips looked fucked up as well. What was peculiar to me is that she has a bow and a set of arrows on her, a unique choice of weapon. She tried to get a hold of herself and pretended like nothing happened as she walked up to me at the bar. Trying to be chill but she does look more awkward than chill to me.

"You know, I didn't hear news that there's a comicon event for the Hunger Games close to this neighborhood recently so that can't be where you came from." I joked and she faintly smiled back. Then she sat on one of the stools, as she placed her bow and quiver on top of the bar. "Okay, these are very bulky and I like to keep my bar clean. So, I'm just going to get this for you and put them here. Don't worry. You can have them back when you leave, Katniss." I smiled as I placed her bow and quiver under my working space.

"Yeah, uh, thanks. I guess." she chuckled nervously. Wow. For someone who was just chased by a group of criminals who wanted her dead, she lacks a certain kind of confidence.

"Okay. What are we having?" I asked.

"Uh, well, a beer would probably be best." she replied.

"Hm, no. After the chase you had and based on the bruises and cuts on your face, you'll want a scotch. It's on the house." I laughed and grabbed a glass as I poured scotch in it then slid it across the table for her before handing her a napkin.