📽 nice to meet you. (yelena × kate) ep. 2

Nice To Meet You: The Series

EPISODE 2: Two Bottles of Vodka and Regrets

Kate's POV:

I still can't believe that I am working with a Black Widow assassin and on top of that, it's Natasha Romanoff's sister as well. I didn't plan for any of these to happen, I just knew that at the time of the auction, I needed to do something. Like what I always keep in mind; What would Hawkeye do? I want to be more than just a scared little girl since I lost my father and this is my way of honoring him. Because before I became aware of the Avengers, dad was my hero. Now, I guess he's my guardian angel.

"Kate Bishop," Yelena began, startling me.

"Why do you keep saying my name in full? Are you trying to make a point or something? A threat maybe?" I questioned. Because for the past two days I have stayed with her, whenever she tries to catch my attention, she says my name in full which I now find annoying. It's also kind of freaking me out, a little bit.

"Maybe. Or... because I find it pretty. Kate Bishop. See? It's a pretty name." she explained, her thick Russian accent is starting to grow on me.

"Oh, t-thanks. I guess?" I stammered, trying my best to retrieve my annoyance. "Okay. Well, uhm, what do you want then?" I asked.

"Well, I got a little bit of information about the watch. It looked like it belonged to a SHIELD ex-agent." she responded.

"Okay, but isn't that a bit obvious? The logo is on it." I implied.

"Yes but I thought it would belong to either Clint Barton or my sister since they're the only Avengers who were official agents of SHIELD. But it looks like it was owned by someone who's not an Avenger. So, it doesn't really make sense to why it was at the Avengers compound." she explained further that started to make me think.

"Right. Well, we need to find more information then." I added.

"Yeap. Well how about you? Got new information about the flash drive?" she then asked since I'm the one who's in charged of accessing the information.

"Nope. Still haven't cracked the code."

"Well, maybe we should call it a day. We have been working on this for two days straight and I am about to lose my mind. Do you want to grab a drink?" she invited.

"Are you kidding? I can't go back to that bar. You know that."

"Yes because I am not stupid. But there are other bars, aren't there? Or is your brain too fried up that you forgot to think that we live in New York City?" she sarcastically probed.

"Fine. Point taken. Let's go then. I do need a drink." I grunted as I marched to grab my coat and when I glanced at her, she was smirking her ass off. "Stop it." I warned.

We made our way to a bar that's closer to her apartment building that has less people. While we were waiting for our drinks to be served, my phone started ringing and it looks like my mom is calling me. I rolled my eyes and glanced at Yelena before answering it.

"Hey, mom." I greeted.

"Kate, where on earth are you? Why aren't you coming in to work and I called your landlord, he said that you haven't been home in your apartment. Is everything okay? I haven't seen you since the dinner party, sweetie." she asked, her voice sounding so worried.

"Yes, mom. Everything is just fine. Sorry if I didn't say anything. I felt tired during the dinner party so I went back to my apartment. Also, is it okay if I take my vacation days for now? I have been feeling so tired lately. I-, I just need some time." I requested and Yelena was trying to hold her laugh and I just glared at her to make her shut up.