📽 now, we save her. (wanda × nat) ep. 1

Now, We Save Her: The Series

EPISODE 1: Promise Me, No Promises

3rd Person POV:

The Avengers are now tasked to take down the last standing base of Hydra. Right after the fall of SHIELD and the mission they had to do before Ultron happened, they all believed that was the end of Hydra but they all thought wrong. SHIELD along with the collaboration of James Barnes were able to locate the base. But it was no ordinary Hydra base, it's one of the oldest, biggest and most secured Hydra base ever built. This will be a lot harder than the facility ran by Baron Strucker.

After they have all created a plan and finished all the calculations on how to bring down the surviving facility of Hydra, they all started their trip.

"Are you sure that you don't need me for this mission? It sounds serious." Wanda asked her wife, Nat.

"We should be fine, honey. I don't want you around the people that abused you and caused you trauma. Besides, I need you to look after Yelena. She has gone through so much and you know that and she's only fifteen." the assassin assured.

"Romanoff, we gotta go. Wheels up in two minutes." Steve informed before grabbing a suitcase of weapons.

"I need to go, honey. I'll see you soon. Don't worry, okay?" Nat promised before pulling Wanda into a kiss.

"Promise me you'll come home to me and to Yelena. We still have to process her adoption papers." Wanda said as she pulled away, her hand just resting on her wife's chest.

"I promise." Nat muttered before making her way to the exit.

This is the first mission wherein Wanda isn't needed. Natasha and Wanda has been married for six months and since then, the redheaded assassin has been so protective of her. She definitely allows her to go on missions because Wanda is definitely a huge help to the team but she still tries her best to protect her. And since Hydra was one of the biggest cause of Wanda's trauma, she has denied her to go to the mission. Wanda found herself running towards the Queenjet before they could even shut the door.

"Hey! You better bring my wife home safe and sound! We have a kid to take care of now!" she hollered.

"Don't worry, Maximoff! Have you forgotten how skilled your wife is? We'll bring her home in one piece!" Tony hollered back as the door slowly shuts at the end of his sentence.

Wanda watched as the jet flew a way in just a blink of an eye once they were high enough. She's worried but not that much because she knows Nat can handle herself and she also has faith in the team. She then walked back to the compound to look for Yelena. She was able to find her in the kitchen, her hair was messy since she just woke up.

"Where are the others?" she asked.

"On their way to a mission." Wanda replied as she started making her a sandwich for breakfast.

"Without you?" the younger black widow asked.

"Yeah. Nat said that it's for the best." the Sokovian smiled, finishing the sandwich she made for Yelena.

"Hey, so are you sure that you want to adopt someone like me?" Yelena asked.

"What are you talking about? Of course, we do. Listen, you told us that you never got to experience having parents since the moment you were aware of the world, you were then taken to the red room and those are the only memories you had. You're still young. You still have the chance to experience the feeling of having a family. It's too late for Nat and I but not for you. It isn't ideal but-" her rambling was then cut off when the smaller girl hugged her tightly.