☁️|🥵 blend. (wanda × nat)

SCENE:

A dreary afternoon in Manhattan, New York. Wanda just exits out of a building coming from a job interview for Stark Industries. Just before she can even hail a cab, the rain begins to pour. Wanda gets soaked and immediately seeks shelter in a cafe she spotted just close to the the building.

[ an AU one-shot. ]

×××

The rain patters out the glass windows of the cafe Wanda has walked into while her clothes is now a shade darker because of her being soaked by the sudden rain that poured in Manhattan. The dark clouds just showed up out of nowhere and she's not one to look at her phone to check the weather for the rest of the day. Which suddenly gets her furious and almost calls herself a fool for not doing so at all.

She scans the cafe for a vacant table before walking up to the front to order herself a warm cup of coffee since she's already shivering from the cold. She tries her best to dry herself up through the paper napkins she requested from the barista. Squeezing a strand of wet hair with them, annoyance slowly building up inside her. No one to blame but herself.

At least, the cafe is cozy. Dark wood walls, paired with white oak furniture and books are littered in every nook and cranny. A piano is also situated in one corner of the place. Welcoming strangers who might want to wow a crowd every now and then to switch it up from the regular classical playlist being played in the cafe with the occasional ads. 

Wanda takes out her book after the barista calls out her order. She sits on the table next to the fireplace. Then she enters the world of her book, losing herself in it to cancel out the miserable day she's having. Coming from a failed job interview and then she gets caught up in the rain in the middle of the winter season. 

Then comes this woman with short red hair, dressed in all black. Black jeans, black v-neck shirt topped with a black leather jacket. Paired with some mean looking high-cut Dr. Martens boots. Her hair is also a little soaked from the rain. She stands in line to wait for her turn, not giving a damn about the water droplets that covers her jacket. Her hands are buried deep in the pockets of her jeans. 

As if Wanda felt the woman's presence, she looks up from her book and glances at the fierce figure who's now giving her order to the barista. She begins to fixate on the woman. Noticing every little detail she can look at. The mystery tattoos that's peaking out on her wrists and neck, the curls of her red hair, the plumpness of her lips and the green in her eyes. 

After giving her order, the woman notices that there was no longer an available table for her to occupy. The cafe was getting crowded as the rain continues to pour. So she makes her way to the piano in the corner instead. Her walk is the depiction of strong and loud. She glides her fingers through her hair so effortlessly that it made Wanda gulp. Drawing her even more to this woman who she now deems as mysterious.

She takes her place on the piano, rotating her wrists before setting them down on the right keys. The moment she started playing, it was like magic, the noise of the crowded cafe fades away. The people around Wanda starts to disappear and her book becomes obsolete as she places it down on the table. She was lost in her music and her fingers as they move so smoothly from one note to another. 

The others would take a glance of the woman until they lose interest after a few seconds, but the brunette didn't stop staring until the very last note rang in her ears. The redhead stands up to make her way back to the front to grab her cup that sits on the counter with her name on it. She must've felt the pair of eyes following her since she entered and finally makes eye contact with Wanda. The brunette looks away almost instantly as her glare almost felt like something was burning inside of her. Suddenly, even though she's still quite soaked from the rain, she was no longer feeling cold.