☁️|🔴 angry because of you. (wanda × nat)

SCENE:

Wanda is Natasha's apprentice in Stark Industries. They both have been working together closely for a while now. Without her noticing, Natasha began to have feelings for the sweet and innocent young Wanda. But because Tony Stark is always out there up on the redhead's ass, she never did do anything to action whatever it is she feels for the brunette. However, she is down to the last straw in suppressing her feelings for her. 

[ an AU one-shot ]

×××

"Goddamnit!" Natasha grunts in frustration. Crumpling the piece of paper she was holding and tosses it in the bin. Wanda heard her from the outside of her office and immediately enters to see what's going on.

"Is there anything wrong, Miss Romanoff?" she asks.

"Everything is wrong! Are you sure you went over these paperwork for the proposal like I told you so??" the redhead questions.

"I... I did." Wanda responds, her voice quivering in nervousness.

"Well, it's shit! Haven't I taught you enough already, Maximoff?? How are you supposed to take over this position if you're just as clueless from day one??" the hotheaded Russian says.

"I... I'm sorry, Miss Romanoff. I promise to do better. I'll go ahead and check it again." the brunette replies, tears already forming in the corner of her green eyes.

"Forget it! I need to submit this in an hour to Stark. I'll do it myself! Just— get out of my office!" Natasha orders, pointing towards the door.

A shade of crimson reflects in the cheeks of the brunette because of embarrassment. Thinking it would be great for the floor to open up and swallow her whole just about now. Natasha has been in the edge lately, snapping at the Sokovian over little things. Making her confused to what has she done wrong to make the redhead so angry. She tries to do better at her job but it seems like she ends up making things worse because of her overthinking even the tiniest detail because of Natasha's temper.

She bows her head slowly and leaves Natasha's office. Making it back to her desk which is just right outside. She tries to go over some other tasks she needs to finish within the day but the redhead has occupied Wanda's mind.

Meanwhile, Natasha distracts herself by putting all her energy in finishing up the proposal that Tony Stark needs. Something extremely important because they will be in partnership with another huge company. Every time she snaps at the younger woman, she feels extremely guilty but she can't really do anything about it. She fears that if she starts apologizing to Wanda, she might not be able to stop herself and tells her about what she has been feeling for her recently.

Wanda is the next person to take over Natasha's position in the company because of her recent promotion. But Stark said that she cannot officially start unless she can have Wanda become as competent as her. Natasha wanted someone else for the position but because Wanda's father is a close friend of Stark and he has promised him the position for her, Natasha doesn't really have a say.

"It's your job to make this work, Romanoff. If you cannot make Wanda Maximoff a good enough person to take over the job then maybe you don't deserve the promotion I have just granted you. Don't disappoint me." Stark warned her the day he mentioned who's going to take over her position.

"Fucking asshole." Natasha curses under her breath upon remembering what he said.

~

The work day has come to an end and Natasha, being as efficient and competent as she is, she has finished everything that needs done just right on time. Though it has gotten her extremely exhausted because she's forced to stay until the evening to finish up everything.