Chapter Twenty-eight

"Let go you fuckers!" Seokjin shouted out as he flailed and kicked his body, trying to pry off the hands that were currently holding him down. His mind racing as he watches the heated iron rod inch near his thigh, the tip molded into the letter K. His heart leaped out of his chest as he struggled ferociously in an attempt to escape the grasp of those holding him down. He turned his gaze to the alpha in charge Kai, with a glare. Teeth gritted as the heated iron bar came in contact with his milky flesh. The smell of burning flesh filled the hut as Seokjin let out a piercing scream, fist clinching as he was held down tighter, his body trying to jerk away from the pain. The iron was removed after what felt like an eternity to Seokjin, his body going slack as the hands released him. Tears slid down his face, the pain-causing him to go in and out of consciousness, Turing his head slightly as he hazily watched Kai stride over to him. The alpha gripped Seokjin's face tightly a smirk etched upon his face as he admired the new branded K scared into Seokjin's thigh.

Seokjin could see what the alpha was thinking without words needing to be said. 'This omega is mine' was the look the alpha was displaying as he stared down at Seokjin. The omega mustered up all his strength and slapped the hand of the alpha Kai just stared at him indifferently as he turned away from the omega and walked out of the hut. The others followed him soon after. Seokjin just lay where he was trying to fight off the exhaustion that was taking over him as much as he could. The battle was lost as darkness fell over him.

Seokjin jolted awake flinching when he sat up to quickly as his thigh burned in pain. He removed the furs covering his body, looking at the red and swollen area surrounding his thigh. Tears welled in his eyes, turning away from the ugly mark now permanently scared onto his leg. He bit his lip slowly arising from his current position, only to topple over hitting the ground with a thud, as a wave of dizziness hit him full force, his breath coming out heavy as his head pounding. Again attempting to stand he once more stumbled, losing his balance, this time landing into a pair of arms.

"Lay still you have a high fever." The voice spoke calmly, before tossing Seokjin back onto the pile of furs he was just residing in, "You should be honored I like you enough to allow you into my hut." Kai continued staring down the flushed-faced male who was attempting to get up again.

"As if I want to be here." Seokjin harshly spoke, a glare etched on his face as he stood up, "You can mark me all you want, but I'm not joining this...whatever this is." Seokjin continued speaking with a sharp tone despite the feeling of wanting to pass out he continued to stand, the glare on his face never leaving.

Kai just watched with amusement in his eyes, a small chuckle exiting his lips. Seokjin stepped back as he saw Kai walking towards him, forgetting about the pile of furs behind him and falling for the third time that day. Despite the fear washing over him as Kai now stood over him, Seokjin maintained his glare. Tho his expression quickly changed to one of shock and pain as a strained gasp left his lips. His hands reached up to grab the wrist of Kai, whose hand was now tightening around Seokjin's throat as he kneeled now leveled with the omega.

"I like you," Kai whispered as he neared Seokjin's face, "Most omegas give in so easily, but your attempts to fight and escape or far more entertaining." Seokjin clawed at the hand squeezing his throat, whimpering when he felt it tighten, "Who knows, keep me entertained long enough and I just might be nice." He joked with a chuckle, removing his hand from the omega's throat, and tapping Seokjin's cheek lightly. Kai stood up giving the male one last look over before leaving the hut. Seokjin coughed and sputtered as he rubbed his now sore throat.

No longer having the energy to put up a fight Seokjin slumped onto the piles of fur. Letting out a sigh as he closed his eyes, the thought of Namjoon, Yoongi, and Jimin crossing over his mind. Hoping that Yoongi is safe wherever he is and Namjoon and Jimin are safe back at the sanctuary. He let out a sigh rubbing the small scar on his thigh, glitching slightly from the pain as his eyes began to water. As he was running his hands over the scar his mind wandered to that alpha. Questions bombarded his thoughts a mile a minute.

Would I ever see him?

Would he still want me even with this hideous branding?

Would he understand I didn't want it?

Sitting up quickly another thought flashed through Seokjin's mind, hastily touching the nape of his neck feeling around for a bite mark as he scrunched his brows in confusion. Remembering back to the conversation her overheard Mr. Chang-Kyon and Namjoon had about how to understand wild alphas worked. Not feeling a bite mark, he furrowed his brows in confusion as he pondered how he was able to understand Kai without being bitten by one of the pack members.

"Finally noticing I speak your language perfectly?" Kai asked as he watched the omega with amused eyes. Seokjin jumped with fright as he turned to the alpha.

"I shouldn't be able to understand you. What did you do?" Seokjin questioned continuing to feel the nape of his neck. Kai just chuckled plopping down onto another pile of furs, a smirk etched on his face.

"Surprise surprise, I use to live in the human world just like you. My brother and I were raised around your type of people for half our childhood. We both grew up learning to speak, read and write the language of your type. Though it wouldn't be that hard to learn even if I wasn't" He spoke uninterested, "When word got around about our family government came and killed our dad and seized me and my brother up. Our mom essentially ditching up like the cowards omegas are." Seokjin just listened not knowing what to say as the alpha continued his story. Gulping in slight fear when Kai glared harshly at him as he spoke that last line.

"Luckily we both managed to escape, and we started our pack, but he had different views. He didn't like to show that he grew up amongst normal people, it made him feel weak, and he wanted to deny that whole part of him. I on the other hand knew it made me smarter than these half-wits out there. Among other issues, we ended up splitting the pack. I have my territory and he has his." Kai finished speaking glancing over at the omega who listened with interest, causing him to chuckle slightly, "Prettying interesting story aye?" He asked rhetorically. Seokjin noodles slightly as he fiddled with his fingers.

"What's your brothers' name?" Seokjin mustered up the courage to ask, glancing towards the alpha to see if the man was angry or not. Relaxing slightly when Kai seemed to not have minded. Kai tilted his head back letting out a sigh.

"It's not like you'll ever meat him." Kai spoke eyeing Seokjin carefully, "But well, I guess that means there's no reason to hide it either. His name was..."

"Hoseok."