Chapter Twenty-seven

Namjoon's legs gave out from under him as it became difficult to breathe, his body shook in fear as Hoseok's pheromones spread through the woods air. The urge to bow down and apologize overcame Namjoon as he clutched into his shirt tears spilling from the corner of his eyes as his breathing became shallow, his body shaking in fear. Jimin and Yoongi suffer the same effect, along with every omega present. Even Taemin was struggling as a beta to withstand Hoseok's pheromones. A low growl was heard, Namjoon turning his head with a struggle to see Jungkook frowning in disapproval. Jungkook's threatening growl seemed to snap Hoseok somewhat out of his mental state as the intense emotions he was releasing became more bearable. He walked away with an angry stride entering his hut not speaking a word to anyone. Namjoon struggling to stand quickly walked over to Yoongi and Jimin. Jimin seemed more relaxed, but Yoongi seemed to still have trouble breathing as he hyperventilated his hands shaking.

"Yoongi calm down." Namjoon soothed, pulling him into a tight embrace, "It's ok, breath." Namjoon continued to soothe the male. Glancing at Jimin who just sat there in a daze, probably still unsure what was happening. Namjoon just as confused, "What happened?" He asked when Yoongi finally calmed down.

"I thou-thought he forcefully marked Jimin, but he didn't." Yoongi spoke softly, "I said something horrible to him...he got mad." Yoongi continued to speak lowering his head.

"Didn't bite me?!" Jimin chimed in angrily, "Then what did he do?! What's this?!" Jimin yelled out turning his head to show a small bite mark on the back of his neck, "I can't believe you're taking his side right now!"

"He didn't bite you hard enough for you to be marked." Yoongi explained getting slightly annoyed with Jimin, turning his head to show his neck, a deep bite mark embedded into his pale skin, "This is a bite mark!" He yelled standing up and walking towards the hut. Leaving both Namjoon and Jimin with nothing but feelings of confusion and shock. Jimin's mouth agape as he watched Yoongi leave.

"Jimi-" Namjoon began speaking but stopped as Jimin pushed himself up and walked away without a word, leaving him by himself. He sighed and stood up watching as everyone scattered off to their areas. Jungkook follows behind Hoseok with a serious expression. Taemin quickly left towards the hut Jackson was in. He sat down on a log near a campfire placing his head in his hands, shaking his head as if trying to shake off just how jumbled his mind felt.

"Whoa, why are you looking like someone died." A voice spoke out jokingly towards Namjoon. The omega quickly whipped his head up as he recognized the voice. Jackson leaning against Taemin, bandages wrapped around his stomach. A small smile etched on his face. Namjoon quickly ran over ready to embrace the beta but was stopped arms mid-open by Taemin's outstretched arm. The beta shook his head before speaking.

"He's still injured. No hugging." Taemin spoke strictly. Jackson scoffed as he rolled his eyes pulling Taemin into him more, a wide smile etched on his face.

"Says the guy who nearly reopened my wound while hugging me so tightly." Jackson joked chuckling a bit before holding his wound, "This sucks, how am I supposed to laugh like this?" He stated with a pout. Namjoon couldn't help but smile.

"I'm so glad you're ok." Namjoon spoke enthusiastically, "You gave everyone such a scare." He continued, his throat suddenly tightening as he spoke, eyes watering. As his emotions built up, "I'm so glad-" Namjoon tried to speak, voice cracking as tears started to fall down his cheeks, "I'm so sorry!" He yelled out covering his face with his hands.

"Whoa! Hey. It's not your fault." Jackson comforted rustling the omega's hair.

"It is. I know it is." Namjoon continued to cry, "I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I just wanted to see the alpha again. I-" Namjoon was cut off by his sobbing as he tried to speak through his tears. Jackson placed his hand on Namjoon's shoulder giving it a comforting squeeze.

"Namjoon, it's not your fault." He spoke softly, "If I was an omega loving there I would have escaped to. I know I would have. I just didn't wanna see there was a problem." He continued with a sorrowful smile upon his face, "So you have nothing to be sorry for." Namjoon just nodded wiping his eyes as he gave a grateful smile. Jackson took a deep breath looking around as he spoke.

"So. Where are the rest of them?" He asked, Taemin helping the injured beta to sit down on a log near the warmth of the campfire. Jackson went down with a grunt. Namjoon briefly explained the situation to Jackson, who listened with a shocked face throughout the whole story. Even after Namjoon had finished explaining everything Jackson continued to be stunned.

"So no one knows where Seokjin or this Taehyung dude is? Yoongi is marked by the grouching-looking alpha, and It's causing Yoongi and Jimin to fight?" Jackson summarized everything he heard, his face contorting through expressions of confusion and speechlessness. Finally, after processing everything he took in a breath before speaking, "So what do you guys plan to do? Stay here?" He asked staring Namjoon directly in the eye. Namjoon opened his mouth to speak but stopped himself. As questions and doubt began to infiltrate his mind.

'Can they even stay here? Would they be able to adapt to this type of environment? What about Seokjin? If we stay does that mean we abandoned him?' So many questions began running through his mind as he pondered over what Jackson had asked. Biting his lip he lowered his head giving a small shrug in response.

"What about you and Taemin?" Namjoon asked back. Both of them looked at each other than at Namjoon. Taemin spoke up this time as he leaned into Jackson some more. The beta was unable to suppress his smile as he stared at the male.

"We were thinking of just settling down somewhere in the countryside. The sanctuary won't be after a couple of runaway betas. Instead, they'll be..." Not finishing his sentence, the implications of what he meant was understood by everyone around. Instead, the sanctuary would be worrying about tracking down Jimin, Yoongi, Seokjin, and Namjoon himself, "Are you sure you guys wouldn't want to come with us?"

"We can't." Namjoon answered lowering his head, "Yoongi is mated now, and we can't leave. Not when Seokjin is still out there." Taemin let out a sigh and Jackson just silently nodded in understanding. Words were no longer needed between the three of them. Namjoon glanced up towards the hut Jungkook was still residing in. The small feeling of doubt still plaguing him.

Was it truly worth it?