THREE

┍━━━━ ➶-͙˚ ༘✶ ━━━━┑

𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐇

┕━━━━ ➶-͙˚ ༘✶ ━━━━┙

"𝘌𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨
𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱𝘴, 𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴
𝘴𝘰 𝘪𝘯𝘷𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘐
𝘢𝘭𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘫𝘶𝘮𝘱 𝘪𝘯."

Seraphina felt positively sick

Seraphina felt positively sick. The uncomfortable feeling swam in her stomach, the nerves building themselves up high inside of her, threatening to spill out with the bread and honey she'd had for breakfast that morning. Saints, she hoped that didn't happen, she'd never been seasick so it would hardly seem possible to blame it on that.

When the Volkvolny docked at Novyi Zem, it took all of Seraphina's focus on tying the knot in her hand to not look at the new boarding passengers. However, it was hard to ignore when the instant his feet stepped aboard Seraphina felt the overcoming darkness, the stench of death that seemed to follow him wherever he went. It was absolutely sickening.

Her hands moved to sweep the dark waves of her hair forward, a feeble attempt to cover her features. She kept her eyes on the rope, the feeling of its rough weaves keeping her grounded in the present moment. Seraphina refused to think back on those times, she was no longer the innocent and naive girl she had once been.

The salt air would usually refresh her, put her mind at ease but now she felt as if it were dragging her down. Dragging her down to the dark waters that the ship sailed on, with one tug of the strong wave she'd be pulled under, left to drown in them. Maybe it would have been a better alternative than having to be in the presence of the Darkling.

Seraphina had never been one to nurture a grudge, sure enough, she was stubborn but she'd learned that time was so feeble and could slip between the cracks of her fingers all too easily. It would be a waste of her own time. But she'd nursed the burning pit of hatred for the Darkling to full health, it was strong and threatened to move her mouth to let slip a few awful words.

But she knew better, they were now their guests. One word to the Darkling and she'd be dead within seconds, after all, he had to know what she had done by now.

"Phina? Are you okay? You're looking a little lost," the familiar voice of Tamar flooded her senses, enough to notice the comforting hand she'd placed on her shoulder.

"I'm fine," she gave a tight-lipped smile, not wanting the attention Tamar was giving her in case it drew in others.

"Are you sure? You look as if you've seen a ghost."

That's because she had seen one. One of her past, coming back to haunt her before killing her painfully.

"All is well Tamar," Seraphina replied, smiling brightly this time in another attempt to get the woman to leave her alone.