TWELVE

┍━━━━ ➶-͙˚ ༘✶ ━━━━┑

𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐇

┕━━━━ ➶-͙˚ ༘✶  ━━━━┙

"𝘌𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨
𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱𝘴, 𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴
𝘴𝘰 𝘪𝘯𝘷𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘐
𝘢𝘭𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘫𝘶𝘮𝘱 𝘪𝘯."

Seraphina's day had been more than exhausting, so when she finally joined Tamar in bed it was well past midnight

Seraphina's day had been more than exhausting, so when she finally joined Tamar in bed it was well past midnight. She changed into a night dress quietly before she pulled the linen covers back, sliding under them next to Tamar whose chest was rising and falling gently.

The Healer had barely been asleep for an hour before she felt a gentle shake on her shoulder, a loud groan left her lips. Couldn't anyone on this ship just let her sleep? She opened one eye. The bed was empty, Tamar was leaning over her, a lantern in one hand whilst her other remained on Seraphina.

"Sturmhond needs us above deck."

"Sturmhond could go kiss a toad for all I like, I'm tired."

"This is important. Alina is going to use the amplifier."

Within seconds, Seraphina sat up straight. Her eyes were wide in alarm and her jaw fell open. Saints, this was going to kill them all. It was known to many, especially grisha, that it was never okay to take a second amplifier. The results were unknown, they were unknown for a good reason too. It was dangerous.

It was utterly stupid, and a risk that made jumping from a cliff look futile.

Unfortunately for Seraphina, her captain was drawn to risks like these. Of course, he would be the one to get them all killed with his stupidity. Seraphina wasted no more time, she pulled on her shoes and her coat swiftly before letting Tamar lead the way.

Above deck, they were met with Tolya, Sturmhond, Alina, Mal and one of Sturmhond's best fabrikator. The air was filled with sombre, Seraphina's palms were sweaty. She stared at Alina, trying to read what was going through the girl's mind. What was driving her to this?

"Evening all," Sturmhond clapped his hands together, clearly not reading the room. "Perfect night for tearing a hole in the universe, no?"

"Believe me, Sturmhond, if this doesn't kill us all, then I most certainly will kill you," Seraphina stated, her arms crossed.

The privateer paid her no mind, simply circling her with a smile. "Seraphina, we all know that I will not be the one to fall on the blade of your dagger."

"I'm going to make sure you do," she snarled.

Seraphina didn't know why she was acting like this towards him, was it the lack of sleep? Or was it the newfound lack of trust? Either way, Sturmhond had noted her cold shoulder. He didn't give her the satisfaction of a reaction, he knew he'd be able to sweet talk his way out of a threat from Seraphina. He'd done it many times before, and he was certain he could do it again.