TWENTY FIVE

┍━━━━ ➶-͙˚ ༘✶ ━━━━┑

𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐇

┕━━━━ ➶-͙˚ ༘✶ ━━━━┙

"𝘌𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨
𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱𝘴, 𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴
𝘴𝘰 𝘪𝘯𝘷𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘐
𝘢𝘭𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘫𝘶𝘮𝘱 𝘪𝘯."

Seraphina had never been one for sitting still and looking pretty, she thought it was patriarchal and an insult to her sex

Seraphina had never been one for sitting still and looking pretty, she thought it was patriarchal and an insult to her sex. Why should she have to sit still whilst her opposites got to go out and hunt? They could take what they wanted and nobody would question their actions. However, Seraphina had found that over the years if she did not ask for something kindly then she'd be named things that were certainly not kind.

So, Seraphina decided that she would not ask for anything. She could build a pavement from dirt that worked just as well as one made of stone. If she needed something done, she would do it herself. Especially, if she wanted something done properly.

Which lead her to the present moment, she'd asked David to fetch her a certain flower from the gardens so she could work on a new remedy and it had been a full three hours since she'd seen him last. Knowing David, he'd probably slipped into the shadows of his workshop and either deliberately chosen to ignore his sister or forgotten about it.

Still, they were siblings. Seraphina had no doubt that her brother had most probably chosen to ignore her request.

After she'd finished her afternoon tea, she ventured into the gardens. Most of the Grisha were still training at this time so it was rather peaceful outside. The air buzzed with the warmth of the Summer's day and the sky was bright, basking the array of flowers and plants with the nourishment they needed to grow.

The gardens at the Little Palace were large, but nothing like a maze that you could lose yourself in. Rows of different flowers aligned next to one another neatly, tall green hedges enclosing the capacity and small greenhouses that were dotted towards the back of the gardens housing a selection of plants and vegetables.

The sun warmed the girl's dark hair that she wore down in waves that were slightly tangled. She held a woven basket on her left arm, garden scissors resting in it with a pair of gloves.

Seraphina enjoyed spending time in the gardens, even now more than ever because it allowed her to escape that the fact that they were planning a war. She despised every second of being in the war room, therefore the gardens were a place she liked to come whenever she felt things were becoming too much.

The Healer was uncertain of the future, after all it wasn't like they had the numbers they needed to defeat the Darkling. She had told Nikolai they'd be okay, but now the reality was seeping through in black and white when her pages were supposed to be coloured in shades of pink and purple.