TWENTY SIX

┍━━━━ ➶-͙˚ ༘✶ ━━━━┑

𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐇

┕━━━━ ➶-͙˚ ༘✶ ━━━━┙

"𝘌𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨
𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱𝘴, 𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴
𝘴𝘰 𝘪𝘯𝘷𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘐
𝘢𝘭𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘫𝘶𝘮𝘱 𝘪𝘯."

Within the fireplace, orange flames crackled gently and basked the war room in it's warmth

Within the fireplace, orange flames crackled gently and basked the war room in it's warmth. The topic of conversation remained focused on the upcoming war, planning which strategy was best and the resources they would need. The Grisha council had their eyes fixed onto the rather large map, pin pointing notes or ideas.

Although, the atmosphere was not tense. They worked together as a team, moving together rhythmically to find the best possible outcomes that would potentially benefit everybody. The room was quiet, other than the voices of Alina or another council member. It was a rather tranquil evening.

However, Seraphina's jade eyes remained on the teacup in front of her. Her hair was pinned back, revealing the delicate features of her face. Her lips stayed closed, she did not like the topic of war. It was rare that she actually attended these meetings, she was not an official member of the council because she preferred it like that. She could choose whether she wanted to attend and she mostly attended the important meetings.

It did not come as a surprise that Seraphina did not like the topic of war. Although she was an excellent fighter and could kill two birds with one stone if she needed to, she did not want to. The mere mention of harming something made her stomach flutter, and it was not in a good way.

She hoped that things would not come down to this, but when it came to the Darkling, sitting down and talking was not an option. They'd have to fight until their legs were burning and their lips were turning blue if they wanted any chance for a future with light.

The Darkling brought the world nothing but pain, cold and cruel pain that followed him like a sheep. It swallowed every inch of the ground and the sky, leaving no room for any protest because saints forbid somebody tell the spoiled child 'no'. 'No' was not a word that existed in the Darkling's dictionary.

Seraphina did not like war because she did not want to end up thirsting for power. She feared that power had no limit, and with no limit came unthinkable consequences that left others burning with suffering from the inside out.

War was a jungle that many entered, but only few left.

Seraphina nodded her head along to the conversation, of course she was listening, she just did not want to play a part in potentially destroying anything or anyone other than the Darkling. She felt she had already caused enough harm for her lifetime, and it would most certainly haunt her for centuries that were yet to come.