Vente-Siete

Family

1 year later

"OMG! Im pregnant. God, please make it healthy this time, ayoko na pong umasa at masaktan." Umiiyak na saad ni Amira habang magkasiklop ang mga kamay na parang nagdarasal, dahil sa mga lumipas na buwan ay dalawang beses na siyang nag buntis pero sa kasamaang palad ay pagi siyang nakukunan at masakit iyon hindi lang para sa kanya kundi para rin kay Jethro at sa magulang niya.

Nag hilamos muna si Amira at nag linis sa kanyang sarili bago siya lumabas sa kwarto nila at dumiretso sa kusina kung saan naroon ang asawa na naghahain na ng kanilang agahan. Dire-diretso siyang lumapit sa asawa at niyakap ito ng mahigpit sa bewang atsaka niya inilabas ang mga luhang kanina pang pinipigilan.

"Hey, Baby. Whats wrong?" Tanong nito sa kanya.

"Would I hope this time again?" Humihikbing mahinang bulong ni Amira.

"Are you?" Tanong ni Jethro na parang alam na niya kung ano ang tinutuoy ng kanyang asawa.

"Yes, I am. I am pregnant and I'm so happy right now but at the same time I feel afraid. This is the third time I got pregnant, sana naman ay hindi na mangyari ang nangyari sa unang dalawang pinag buntis ko. Natatakot ako, Jethro." Mahinang saad ni Amira habang nanginginig ang kanyang boses.

"Shhh...You don't have to be afraid, I'm here. I will always stay by your side to make sure that you and our baby would be healthy." Malumanay na saad ni Jethro at pinapatahan ang asawa niya.

Maya-maya din naman ay tumahan na si Amira at masagana naman silang nag agahan habang pinag-uusapan ang mga dapat nilang pghahanda sa pagbubuntis ni Amira. Napag pasyahan din naman nil ana magpa check-up ito para sa ganun ay malaman nila kung malakas ba ang kapit ng sanggol at para mas matutukan narin nila ang mga dapat nilang gawin para hindi na ito mawala pang muli sa kanila.

Kinakabahan si Amira nang nakarating na sila sa hospital kung saan siya magpapa Prenatal check-up. Hindi biro ang makunan ng dalawang beses, napaka sakit atnapaka hirap niyon para sa kanya lalo na at matagal na niyang pnapangarap ang magka anak.

"I'm here, baby. Let me hold your hand." Pukaw ni Jethro sa balisa niyang asawa at tsaka hinawakan ng mahigpit ang kamay nito at sabay silang pumasok kung saan naroon ang doctor na titingin kay Amira.

"Good morning, Mr. and Ms. Marquez. Have a sit, lets just wait for my assistant." Nakangiting bungad ng doctora.

When the assistant of the doctor came, Amiras check-up started. They checked her, perform a laboratory tests and an imaging scan or the ultrasounds scan. They also check her Blood pressure and a lots of laboratory test that she cant even remember because of her nervousness.

Amira and Jethro took a deep breath when the check up ended and they are just waiting for the result. They are both sitting and waiting while their hands are holding each one. After an hour the Doctor came back with the result so the two of them stand up and they both anticipating for a good result.

"Ms. Marquez is healthy, wala naman akong nakitang problema sa kalusugan niya."

"How about the baby, Doc?" Jethro asked.

"The baby is okay and healthy. Congratulation, Mr. Marquez. Your wife is six weeks pregnant."

"Oh, my, God. Thank you, Lord. Thank you, Doc." Amira said with a teary eyed.

"You're welcome. Just a reminder even the mommy and baby are both healthy you still need to take a medicine to be healthy. I'll give you a prescription and guide magazine for your pregnancy and after two weeks you need to comeback for another check-up." The doctor said and gave them a smile.

After leaving the hospital, they went straight to the pharmacy to buy the prescription given to them. Amira was so happy with the result of her check-up that she cried along the way because of what she is feeling.

"Should we eat, Baby? We can go shopping too if you want." He said giving his wife a calming smile. Amira nod and hold Jethros hand and they walked together and go to the nearest restaurant.

When the waiter asked them for their order, Amira order a lot of foods that she is craving for, she is busy picking their foods when someone spoke behind her.

"I can't believe that I will see both of you here." The woman said. Amira turns her head when she heard the familiar voice of that woman, Jethros mom.

"Mom." Jethro said and slowly he stands up

"Don't call me that!"  The woman spat.

"I don't have a son like you! I just check if both of you are suffering now because you chose her over your family."

"You don't have to check on us, Ms. Marquez. Our life is none of your business, you will just give yourself a headache." Jethro said with a hint of pain in his voice and Amira knows that her husband is hurting that time.

"How rude of you, young man. Let's go, Marie. I don't want to see their faces." The woman said and walk straight to the door of the restaurant.

"Are you okay?" Amira ask while caressing his back to assure him that it is fine to share his thoughts with her.

"I'm fine, baby. Don't worry about me." He answered and give a fake smile.

Amira knows that he is not fine but she ignored it and decide to talk about it when he is ready to share it with her. They ate silently until they finished, even when they got home there is still silence in two of them.

Amira feel guilty because she knows that she is the reason why Jethros mother didnt want him to be her son anymore, that the reason why he is hurting is because he chose her over his family.

"You don't have to feel guilty, baby." Jethro said while hugging her tightly as if like he read her thoughts.

"How can I not feel guilty? Paano ko iiwasang maramdaman iyon kung nakikita kong nahihirapan ka?" Naiiyak na mahinang sagot ni Amira.

"It's my choice to choose you over them, and its also my choice to choose you again and again. I can't deny that it's hard without them, but it will be harder for me to live without you." Niyakap naman ni Amira ang asawa niya ng mahigpit.

"I should ask God for what did I do in my past life to deserve a man like you." She whispered.

"Silly, it's me who should ask him that questions. I also want to ask him a favor." He said calmly before combing her hair with his fingers.

"What kind of favor?" Amira asked.

"To give us a happy, completed and contented family." He answered and kiss her forehead.