Roommates AU! Drabbles

Mina stares at both Momo and Jirou in unwavering disappointment and unhinged curiosity. Her gaze seemed to penetrate Jirou's chill exterior, making the shorter girl immediately gulp.

"So," Mina started. Her eyes never left the two girls. One with an embarrassed smile, complimented by a deep blush. The other with a guilty and panicky look, as if any silence between them would make her bolt out the nearest window. An idea that fascinated her as Mina glanced at her accusingly.

"I can explain," Momo said. Her tone was polite and quick to the punch. Mina could only shake her head to interrupt her.

"I want to hear Jirou's version of the story," Mina urged the other to talk, quirking an eyebrow at her.

"I don't know what else there is to say from what we've already said," Jirou said, feigning innocence as she refused to glance Momo's way. She scooted her chair back a little, not wanting to get any closer.

"No," Mina responded immediately. "How in the world did you two break the shower railing?"

"I walked in on her while she was in the shower and had my headphones on. I already told you this ten times," Jirou sighed. She appreciated Mina and her hyperactive antics, but couldn't quite get past her pushy tendencies.

"A shower mishap between two roommates," Mina's tone highlighted the word roommates, both Momo and Jirou noticing. "Doesn't break a shower railing. What actually happened in the shower?"

"Definitely not what you're thinking," the words rushed out of Jirou's mouth effortlessly. Her filter was completely gone as she processed what she said.

"I don't care if you two had a shower escapade," Mina stated. Both Momo's and Jirou's cheeks grew a brighter pink at the accusations that statement held. "What happened in the shower, Jirou? Why are you so hesitant to tell me?" She looked at Jirou dead in the eye. "And why are you able to tell me something she can't?" She turned to Momo.

Jirou's ears burned in a bright pink. She released a breath she'd been holding and pressed her forehead against the table. "Momo just walked out of the shower as I entered the bathroom. I saw her naked and panicked a bit too much."

"Only you can manage more bills for this cursive apartment by being gay."

-

Mina had nothing against gay people. There were just some gay people that got on her nerves, namely Kyouka Jirou.

She could tell the rare duo would be a handful the moment they both moved in with her. Had she imagined earlier 8 months ago she'd have to help Jirou be gay, she'd never sign the lease. She'd walk out the door and live with Kirishima, her best friend. Even if the only space available to her would be a couch.

Yet here she was helping a panicking Jirou in her room as she paced around her room like a maniac. She could only sit on the bed and watch Jirou as she continuously broke down.

"What do I do?" Jirou panicked. Her tone rushed and shaky, the last words coming out in comprehendible whispers. "She just winked at me after our conversation and left. What do I do with that? What does someone do when the Momo Yaoyorozu just winks at you."

"You," Mina pointed to Jirou, an obvious irritation lying beneath her words. "Go back out there and flirt with her."

"How do I flirt?!" She'd stopped pacing and looked at Mina incredulously. "We were literally just having a conversation about music. Then she talked about how I was talented with my hands, for some bizarre reason! And to top it all off, she fucking winked! Winked!"

Mina could only roll her eyes, completely tired at the story she heard ten times already. Normally she'd be all over the floor with this juicy story and put pressure on Jirou for details. Sadly, Jirou was different. Jirou didn't know how to be her own sexuality. She didn't know how to be gay. Not particularly being gay, just acting gay enough to function like a normal human being.