Tending Wounds Oneshot

Doing Everything Possible

Content warning: major injuries, mentions of blood, medical malpractice
-

The situation was dire, the dangerous environment not helping as the four heroes stayed in the cave they took refuge in. An explosion could be heard in the distance, with the occasional rubble flying not too far from where they stayed. The cave was dark, yet enough light peaked through from what wasn't obscured by a tree in the distance. There was a rock, almost shaped like a spike, a hero laid against, her slouched form being held up by her two comrades.

"We can't stay here forever," Mina sighed. Her right arm supported Momo's back, with the other holding down on a wound on her arm.

"A medic should be here soon," Denki said, panic evident in his voice. His jacket was wrapped around Momo's abdomen, using the sleeves. The blood obviously seeped through the fabric, and would be damp to a touch if they dare touched it. "We're doing everything we can right now."

From a short distance still within the cave they could hear another voice. She spoke boldly, yet fast, as she got straight to the point. Despite that the two could tell she was panicked, and close to completely losing her cool had the situation not require a delicate touch. She paced back and forth, constantly passing the three, as she spoke back to someone.

"She needs help right now," Kyouka reiterated. "We're in a cave in the southeast forest close to the huge waterfall."

She paused, standing in place before she anxiously tapped her foot. "Can't you send somebody to drop off some supplies then?" Kyouka sighed, a groan slipping past her lips as she dared look at three heroes. She tilted her head back, taking a deep breath, as she accepted her circumstances. "Fine. I'll wait."

She walked towards the rock the three surrounded themselves by. Her onyx eyes scanned the situation for what seemed like the thousandth time. She could feel the similar pang in her heart, as it seemed to sink down to her stomach, the wounds making her cringe at the sight alone.

Momo Yaoyorozu, hero name: Creati. Her eyes were dazed, the usual dark eyes, holding a hazy grey. Her eyelids drooped, and opened in every passing second, as they fought to stay open. Her lips bruised, as dry blood  reached her chin before stopping close to her jaw. A bruise was starting to form around her neck resembling the outline of a person's hands. Dipping down to her collarbone and chest were the occasional scratches and lightning bruising. A few mild scratches on her right arm, dripping blood down to her elbow. Stopping it further being the pressure from a hand. Momo's left arm was contorted in a way that made it bend uncomfortably, the limb obviously broken. Reaching her stomach was a huge deep gash, starting from her hip to just under her breast.  Had the wound not be covered by a jacket it'd be spilling out blood at a rapid rate until she died from blood loss alone. Her legs were covered in scratches, a bruise and light gashes on both of her knees.

A daunting thought laid heavy on Kyouka's head as she saw her. Every part of her screaming to do something as she couldn't help but feel useless. The type of help she needed was immediate. They couldn't carry her to the nearest rest stop or else the wound on her lower abdomen would kill her in the process. The nearest rest stop was too far on foot in the first place, and Iida was occupied in another fight to run and get supplies. More blood covered Denki's jacket, her blood starting to drip off onto the floor. Kyouka's eyes widened in realisation.

"You two, get away from her" she ordered, pointing to the cave's exit as she stepped closer.

"What?!" Mina asked incredulously. "I'm sorry, are you not seeing this right now?" Her yellow eyes looked up into Kyouka's serious gaze. She gripped tightly onto Momo's arm, ignoring the blood that coated her entire hand at this point.