Fluff Oneshot

Note: Based on an interaction where I shared an umbrella with a pretty girl.

Beta-Reader: WaffleFishes
-

Jirou awkwardly sat under the shade with her bag strap hanging loosely. She could feel her sweaty palms against the bag, as she haphazardly wiped a sweat that was building around her forehead with her free hand. The sun beat down early that morning, the humid air making it a perfect day to swim.

Her ears picked up on the background noise that filled the celebration. The sound of Denki's cheers as he dove into the pool, followed by the loud splash and scream from Ochako as the water hit her. From the shallow end of the pool, Eri was splashing water at an unamused Shinsou who seemed conflicted on whether to splash water back at Eri or stay put. Whereas Bakugou was under an umbrella with Kirishima, making a point to not be in the pool at the same time as Midoriya and Todoroki. Whatever the reason may be Jirou didn't care.

Rather, she was focused on the girl that was close to underneath the slide that lead to the pool. She politely sat down as if she wasn't at a pool party, a stunning yellow sundress complimenting her figure beautifully. Sunglasses perched on top of her head, a permanent smile on her face as she talked to Hagakure and Mina, who laid their arms on the edge of the pool. The sun was hitting her and she could tell it was bothering her. The slide rarely helped in providing some shade from the blazing sun that made the humid heat stick to Jirou's loose tank top.

It bothered her, and she knew the guilt would eat her alive if she didn't even bother trying to help Momo. Her eyes trailed over to Kirishima who was fighting with Bakugou to hold the handle of the umbrella, the latter ranting about him for holding it 'like crap.' As the idea ran through her head she took out her purple umbrella from her bag, the strap holding the umbrella together wrapped tightly around it. She took her sweet time purposely to open it and extend the umbrella, unable to ignore the beating of her heart against her chest.

Jirou grasped the handle of her umbrella anxiously; she rested it on her shoulder, uncaring for the sun that'd hit her. Her bag laid limply in a pile surrounded by a couple of the other girls' stuff. The sun didn't particularly bother her, but she only brought it upon the insistence of her mother. The small added weight to her bag didn't bother her anymore as she saw Momo scoot closer to underneath the slide.

Taking the few steps forward, she went out from underneath the shade around the table and approached her friends. They didn't seem to notice her walking towards them as her flip-flops against the concrete floor were drowned out by Iida, as he shouted at Mineta who creepily swam up to Tsuyu.

She sat next to Momo, minding the significant distance between the two, her right hand awkwardly holding out her umbrella towards the taller of the two.

"Do you want-?"

She wasn't sure if her words reached her. She didn't even know if she was loud enough or if her words came out in some mindless murmur only a few people would catch. What she was about to say was completely forgotten and meaningless in that moment. The thought of fretting over it and cursing herself out over being so awkward never came to mind as she watched Momo.

Momo quickly scooted closer to Jirou underneath the umbrella. The way her actions were quick was adorable to Jirou, and she couldn't stop the heat that rose in her cheeks.

"Thank you," Momo smiled at her. "I was wondering when you'd come to talk to us."

Jirou gulped. She admittedly forgot the presence of Hagakure and Mina, who Momo was previously talking to. She turned to greet them, but her words seemed to be lost on her tongue as her shoulder brushed against Momo's. She was so close.