No Quirk AU! Oneshot

"I can't believe you broke up with your boyfriend during the summer," Denki whined, following Jirou through the school gates. His hands holding his backpack to relieve the weight on his shoulder, as he skipped ahead to look at Jirou. "You're literally entering your senior year single. That has to be embarrassing."

Jirou waved off Denki as if that would make her energetic friend disappear. "He was going abroad and I don't do long distance," Kyouka sighed. "Besides, it wasn't like I really liked him, anyway."

"What do you mean?" Denki asked, looking erratic as he stared at the clubs lining up the sides of the walkway leading up to the entrance.

"I just felt like I had to date him, I guess," Jirou said, pushing Denki away from one particular club filled with girls. "I felt like it was expected of me to keep the relationship going."

Denki frowned. "That sucks," he hesitated on what words to say next, his mind going blank. He looked back at Jirou as she seemed distracted. "Do you plan on dating anyone soon?"

Jirou seemed to ponder the question before nodding as she spoke. "Relationships are a waste of time. Plus, everyone at this school gets on my nerves."

To continue the conversation, Denki went on a tangent, unsuccessfully trying to convince Jirou to give love another try. She paid attention to what he said half the time, but her mind seemed to be slowly occupied as she looked to the side to one of the clubs. There she saw someone she hadn't recognized from her previous years of attending U.A. High. Her long black hair was up in a ponytail as she stood tall in front of the table for the book club. Her eyes were dark, yet seemed gentle as her jaw framed her face nicely. To put it simply, she was attractive and Jirou never felt gayer.

"Look, it may have not worked out with your ex, but you can always go for his sister," Denki continued, before looking back at Jirou. "Hey, are you paying attention to me?" He snapped his fingers in front of her face, letting go of one of the backpack straps.

"Huh?" Jirou squeaked, immediately turning back towards Denki. "Yeah, sure. That sounds great Denki."

"Wait a minute," Denki said, looking where Jirou was staring at before. His eyes widened and his mouth was agape as he dramatically gasped. "Holy shit, you were totally checking her out!"

"I was not!" Jirou denied it, her tone louder in embarrassment. "I'm just interested in the," she paused, "the book club. Yeah, the book club!" 

"The book club," he repeated in disbelief, his expression judging her.

"Yeah, you know me, gotta love them books!" Jirou forced a smile, chuckling as she gave Denki a thumbs up. She attempted to walk forward, but Denki only pushed her back.

He stared at Jirou, slowly blinking twice before turning away and walking towards the booth for the book club. "I'm telling her you're single."

"No, you're not," Jirou ran ahead. She stopped Denki from walking towards the club booth with a grab of his shirt. Slightly choking him as she pulled him back. He looked toward Jirou.

"What are you doing?" Denki whined. "I'm getting you a girlfriend."

"That's not how you get someone a girlfriend," Jirou groaned. "That's how you get someone a restraining order."

"Well, before any of that, you have to make her fall for you."

"Oh, look at that. My gaydar says she's straight. She isn't falling for me, let alone a girl."

"Nah," he paused, stroking his chin as if he were a detective. "She's definitely a lesbian."

She looked at him in disbelief, briefly moving aside to let a person walk by. "Denki, are you stupid? Do you see her?"