61 - The Third Dimension

"Ay! Samira, did you read the latest chapter of boruto?" A boy with red-dyed hair questioned the girl who only looked up at him with a deadpan.

"I haven't read Boruto before, what would possess you in that mortal mind of yours to think that I have ever even laid a single hair on such a series?"

Xavier laughed, "Relax, you're favorite character just made and appearance so I assumed you'd want to see it."

She raised an eyebrow and reached over to take the book in his hands when the school bell rung and they sent each-other panicked looks. If they looked at it now they'd both be late and while they didn't care much for french-class they did care for the consequences of skipping it. In short, they were just scared of their moms.

Being North-African kids wasn't easy. 

However, Samira just shrugged it off and grabbed the book before walking down the halls with her friend by her side. She was a fast reader, she could probably finish it in just three minutes.

"Samira, we're going to be late!" Xavier was growing anxious but calmed down when she told him her reasoning.

"Lets just say there was an emergency and we had to take care of it."

"But isn't that lying?"

"Nope, when it comes to anime and manga it's always an emergency so we aren't lying."

"Ah..." He chuckled nervously before flipping to a specific page he knew she would be happy about. Sure enough, as soon as Samira saw the character she grinned happily. Xavier turned his head away with slight red dusting his cheeks.

Clearing his throat, he spoke, " So, uh... Why do you like her so much?"

"I dont know," Samira admitted, "It sounds insane but I feel like I knew her. Other than that, shes just amazing how can you not like her?"

Xavier was just about to reply when a shadow loomed over them and they turned to see the tallest student in the school staring at the book. Letting out sighs of relief, Samira punched Anyas arm.

"Is that Maki?" Anya smiled, " She's so cool, man."

"Right?!" 

"Shh!"

"Hey!" A short and stubby old man yelled at them at the end of the hall, "Why aren't you three in class!"

They booked it, but not before Samira stuck her tongue out at the man. 

"How dare you interrupt me in my reading, you impudent mortal!"

"Samira!"

"I'm coming!"

Makis current status in the real world. 

Yes, no one remembers her but her memories are very much real. The girl above is Samira, she started wearing the Hijab in grade nine but in the flashback you see that she isn't wearing it yet.