Part - seventeen

As the response of this book is not good(comsidering last few chapters) and as I have already said I am done with the story's theme, I think it's better not to drag. And dear readers, when you lose interest in my books, please be kind enough to tell me to stop it. I think ending the book soon will be good because I believe in ending stories when they are going good, instead of dragging it unnecessarily. The plot of this story was how Veer mends his relationship with bani whom he have hurt a lot in past. I am not sure if I could do complete justice to the plot, but I believe I tried my best. So... Guys... Thank you so much for loving and supporting my stories. Hope you will love them always.

Veer went to open the door as he heard the calling bell. It was a Friday evening and veer got free earlier than usual. He came home straight without telling bani, so that he could prepare something for her, he have been trying a few recipies since a long time and finally he wanted her to try his food. He knew his cooking skills was not up to Mark, so he chose a simple recipe. As he was assembling the ingredients, he got a call from Bani's mother. After their visit to bani's home the other day, veer had grown closer to Bani's mother. She was as loving as his own mother, and protective too. He still was ashamed to face her dad with his head up, . He talked with her for a while and then got back to work. After what seemed like eons, his dish was ready to serve, veer tried it and yeah... It was edible. Mission successful. It's no where near the food bani makes, but he knows she would happily eat this food as she values all these things a lot. That was when the calling bell rang.

On opening the door, veer found Bani's father on door.

"Uncle... You... Here?... I mean... Andar aaiye na" Veer opened the door completely so that he can enter. Bani's dad smiled a bit as if acknowledging him and went in. Veer didn't know what to do... How to react... Because he was still not ready to face him alone.

Veer sat opposite to Bani's dad. He gave the coffee mug to Bani's dad and asked him about his health.

"I am good, how about you? " He asked.

"Me... I am fine uncle. "

"And my daughter? "

"She is fine too, she eats well, she sleeps well"

"Is she happy? "

"Huh? "

"Veeranshu you know what, if not for my daughter and your sister I would have killed you with my bare hands that day when you left my daughter all by herself and went to Paris. " Veer nodded his head.

"You know.... Bani was always a happy girl, after getting married to you, I have seen her crying a lot of times, I don't know why did she even go against our wish and stayed with you. We had told her numerous times to divorce you, because she deserves nothing but happiness. She hasn't hurt a single soul, so she didn't deserve the tears. You hurt her, still she wanted to be with you. So... Veeranshu, I want to make it crystal clear, if you ever hurt her again, the last chord of my patience will break and I will take her with me. You got that? " Veer knew he deserved all this. Her dad didn't actually talk to him until now. It was the first time he spoke to him for more than one minute.

Veer looked at her dad .

"Uncle, I know I had hurt her. I know I had been terrible. But I know very well that she is an integral part of me and my life now. You may know about the relationship I had back in my past. It was a very serious relationship. I was shattered uncle. Why me? Why did she die, not me? If only I had accompanied her..... A thousand thoughts were in my mind. I know I can't justify any of my acts but I want to let you know that.... Uncle... Bani means the world to me now. I won't hurt her ever. It may seem like a cliche line, but I can't live without her and I know she feels the same. Don't worry about your daughter uncle. She is as precious to me as she is to you. " Veer said. Bani's dad felt the confession genuine.