Chapter 17:

Chloe:

"Baby? Can you come here for a second? I need your opinion on something.", she yelled from the living room. We had been staying at Beca's apartment for the past few days. A few days after I had talked to her, I had started working at Studio 22 again. Now, 8 months later, my life was almost perfect.

"Give me a second." I yelled back from the kitchen. I had just poured two cups of coffee for Beca and me. Beca smiled at me widely when I entered the living room.

"I want to show you something.", she said and patted the spot on the sofa next to her. I put down the cups and sat next to her.

"What do you want to show me?" I questioned curiously.

"Here," Beca handed me her headphones. "I've been working on something new and I want to know what you think about it."

I put them on and Beca hit 'play' on her laptop.

You know me the best
You know my worst, see me hurt, but you don't judge
That, right there is the scariest feeling
Opening and closing up again
I've been hurt so I don't trust
Now here we are, staring at the ceiling

I've said those words before, but it was a lie
And you deserve to hear them a thousand times

I immediately noticed this song wasn't meant to be in a show for her club. This was different. I didn't say anything and kept listening to Beca's mesmerizing voice.

If all it is, is eight letters
Why is it so hard to say?
If all it is, is eight letters
Why am I in my own way?
Why do I pull you close?
And then ask you for space
If all it is, is eight letters
Why is it so hard to say?

Isn't it amazing how almost every line on our hands align?
When your hand's in mine
It's like I'm whole again, isn't that a sign?
I should speak my mind

I've said those words before but it was a lie
And you deserve to hear them a thousand times

If all it is, is eight letters
Why is it so hard to say?
If all it is, is eight letters
Why am I in my own way?
Why do I pull you close?
And then ask you for space
If all it is, is eight letters
Why is it so hard to say? (Woah, oh yeah)

When I close my eyes
It's you there in my mind
When I close my eyes

If all it is, is eight letters
Why is it so hard to say?
If all it is, is eight letters
Why am I in my own way?
Why do I pull you close?
And then ask you for space
If all it is, is eight letters
Why is it so hard to say?

Once the song was finished, Beca gently removed her headphones from my head and put them down on the coffee table. I just wanted to tell her what I thought about her new piece when she cut me off.

"I don't want to be in my own way anymore.", she stated and paused.

"What do you mean?"

"I love you, Chloe!" Beca exclaimed with the widest smile on her face. My eyes started glowing with happiness. I had been wanting to tell her for a few weeks, but every time I tried, something got in the way. I wanted to wait for the perfect opportunity and now Beca had found the most beautiful way.

We both leaned in, closing our eyes. Her lips brushed against mine softly at first, but the kiss got heated pretty quickly. After we had finally found the willpower to pull away, we gazed into each other's eyes, lust and desire flowing from them.

"I love you too." I breathed out, still panting from the kiss. Beca smiled at me and pulled me in for a loving, passionate kiss. I felt her greed for more in her kisses. The thought of her wanting me so much, turned me on unspeakably. I let my hands explore her body, her hands doing the same to mine. We ended up having sex right there on the sofa. Every single time after, Beca would trace my skin in the slightest way possible and kiss my forehead or the top of my head, depending on how we ended up cuddling.

"I have the most beautiful girlfriend.", she proudly whispered, but I couldn't really believe her.

"No, you don't." I quietly chuckled.

"Yes, I do. Your smile is the cutest of all, your eyes are the prettiest I've ever seen, your curves,", she explained while letting her hands run over my body. "are hot as hell. You're just drop-dead gorgeous."

I shyly smiled at her before burying my head into her side, embarrassed by her compliments.

"It's not just about the body though. I love your big heart, your kindness, the way you get excited about the little things. I love the way your mind works totally different from everybody else's sometimes. I could go on and on telling you, or.."

She didn't finish her sentence. Instead, she started kissing my neck, making her way upward to my lips. She covered my skin in hundreds of little kisses before she reached my lips where she placed a love-filled kiss.

~

The next day Beca and I were on our way to the club. She had been acting strange when it came to work for a few days and I was wondering what was going on. We entered the club hand in hand a few minutes later. I let go of her hand to enter my dressing room, expecting to see her when the show would start, but she stopped and looked at me.

"I need you to come with me. I want to talk about something with you." I couldn't quite catch the expression on her face.

Once in her office, I sat down in her chair while she closed the door. She chuckled slightly at the sight of me sitting in her chair and sat down on the other side of her desk. I noticed a black folder lying on it, curiously looking at it.

"Open it.", she demanded.

"What is it?"

"Read for yourself." Beca smiled at me and I was getting excited. I placed my hands on either side of the folder and took a deep breath before opening it. It was a contract and I started reading. After a few pages I stopped reading and just stared at Beca speechlessly while holding up one of the pages with my hand.

"You want to make me your business partner?" I finally managed to ask.

"Since you're already taking my chair half of the time, you might as well take half of my responsibilities.", she smirked.

"Be serious, Beca. You want me to have 50% of your club?!"

"I am serious. I want you to be my equal business partner. You'll have just as much say in anything as I do. I want to do this with you. Together. I spoke to my lawyer, and he set up this contract. If you want to do this, you just have to sign it and by the end of the month, you'll own 50% of Studio 22."

Beca sounded so nonchalantly about this. I knew her club was her everything; her biggest dream come true. And now she wanted to share this with me- with me, of all people. For a moment I thought about why she hadn't made Jesse a co-owner or partner, but I pushed that thought aside. It didn't matter after all.

"Are you sure, Becs? This club is your dream!"

"Yes. I'm absolutely sure. You're right, this club is my dream, my life, but you're the one I want to share my dreams and my life with, so...", she shrugged.

"Wow. I feel so honored that you want to do this. Where do I sign?" I said, already holding her favorite pen in my hand.

"I don't want you to sign it now. Take your time. Read everything and think about this. This is not a decision you want to rush."

"Okay. Uh, wow, I'm still a little speechless..."

Beca got up from her chair and walked around the desk. She leaned down and kissed me tenderly. "I love you, Baby.", she whispered once we parted. Every time she called me 'baby', I felt butterflies in my body. I was crazy in love with her. And then I thought about how far we had come. I got up and went to change in my dressing room.

Before leaving, I looked over my shoulder, smiling at Beca "I love you too."