Chapter 18:

Beca:

A week after I had given Chloe the contract, she had signed it. By the end of the month, she wouldn't only be my girlfriend, but she would also be my business partner. I couldn't wait to share this part of my life with her as well. I was sitting on my sofa, working on some new music for the club, when Chloe wrapped her arms around my neck from behind and placed a kiss on my cheek.

"Mmmh. I see you're making good use of the key I gave you." I stated with my eyes closed, enjoying her arms around me.

"I missed you.", she pouted while coming around the sofa and sitting down next to me.

I had missed her too, even though we had just seen each other a few hours ago at work.

"Move in with me." I wanted to have her around me 24/7.

"W-What?", she stuttered shocked.

"I'm serious. I want to have you around every minute, every hour of the day, Chlo." I said while gazing into her stunning eyes.

"Becs...I don't know what to say..."

"How about yes?" I asked insecurely.

Chloe inched her face forward. "Yes.", she mumbled against my lips before kissing me.

Chloe took my laptop and went on the internet. I could just sit there and watch her. I had to smile to myself. The thought of her on my sofa in her pj's every night filled me with joy.

"Look!", she exclaimed while turning the laptop in my direction and I snapped into reality again. "this one is beautiful and it's close to Studio 22."

"You're looking for a new place for us already?" I chuckled. I loved her enthusiasm so much.

"Of course. I don't want to move into your apartment. It wouldn't feel like ours because you lived here with Jesse. And I also don't want you to move into my apartment because it was Thea's and mine, so we need a new place to live."

"Okay. Let me see." I said taking the laptop from her and looked at the photos. The apartment was close to Studio 22 indeed, but it wasn't what I was imagining for Chloe's and my place. "I don't like it."

"Why not?"

"Chloe. Have you seen the price? I'm not going to pay that much every month for an apartment that looks like this." I said pointing to the photos on the screen.

"It needs a little love and shaping, but it's got potential."

"Yeah, no. I disagree on that one. This doesn't need shaping. It needs to be torn down."

I let my fingers run over the keyboard of my laptop. "Why don't we ask this guy?" I showed Chloe a photo of the real estate agent that had found my club for me. "He helped me find the right location for Studio 22."

"No. I want to find our place myself.", she said defiantly, taking the laptop from me again and searching the internet for places to rent. I scooted closer to her and cuddled into her side. We searched the internet for places for a few hours but didn't find anything we both liked. Eventually Chloe fell asleep with my laptop still in her lap. I took it from her and put it down on the coffee table. I carefully picked her up and carried her to the bed. While putting the duvet over her to tuck her in, she woke up and opened her eyes for a moment, smiling at me and sighing contently. I wanted to go back to the living room to work on my music, but Chloe grabbed my arm.

"Where are you going?", she groggily mumbled, half-asleep.

"I need to work on my music, baby." I gently chuckled. Chloe looked at me with her puppy eyes and pouted. "I'll be right back."