Second Chance

I find myself staring at your profile on my phone again. My finger hovers over the big capital letters, and for the seventh time today I consider forgetting it all and giving them another chance.

They'd been messaging me on everything they could, but I'd blocked everything. They hurt me so bad, but why do I want to forgive them? Why do I feel terrible? And not them?

And if they hurt me so much why does it hurt even more that they're gone?

UNBLOCK.

I stare at the word and it stares right back. I know I shouldn't, I KNOW I shouldn't. But they won't do it again right?

Right?

I bite my lip and press down without another thought. Slowly I type out the words,

Hey, I'm sorry for ignoring you and blocking you and for everything I guess. Can we talk?

Why was I apologizing? I don't know. At this point I don't even know who was in the wrong, I mean they said they felt terrible and the were sorry and I still ignored them, and they were so sad. Maybe I hurt them...

Which makes me just as bad doesn't it?

I get a reply within seconds.

I don't know. I think I need some space to think. You really hurt me.

What did I do? I don't understand...

Is this because I ignored them?

No. I'm not doing this again. I'm not falling into another trap.

I delete the conversation and block the profile, for good this time.

After all, giving someone a second chance is like giving them a second bullet after they missed the first time, and I'm not going through that again.

(This is very shit and I'm very fuck-faced right now so yeah don't judge)