||Chapter 1||

| Edited |

_____

{Ae-Cha's POV}

Walking down the sanding beach at sunset is the best way to calm me down. Looking at the orange-yellow sky with a beautiful yellow light bulb turning off to have its rest.

Breathing in the fresh air, while my lungs expands and contrasts.

"I miss you," I said while looking at the ring my best friend Mi Hi gave to me before she left for her new home town.

I signed then decided to pay a visit to a special someone.

__________

"Hey, what's up?," I said while resting the bouquet of flowers on the gravestone that marked 'Hak Mi Hi'.

"Must be having fun up there huh?," I chuckled at my statement then look at the gravestone again.

"You left me here to suffer huh? You really do like seeing me suffer," Tears started to descend from my glossy eyes as I spoke my sentence.

I closed my eye and started recalling the moment I never thought would come.

Flashback

I was happily in the kitchen preparing lunch for Mi Hi. I was excited because after she was diagnosed with cancer, we didn't spend much time together.

She loved my cooking so much that she came over everyday after school to eat with me. She would always make an excuse to her parents as to why she's always late.

I was on my way to the hospital while remembering our tight friendship. Everyone in our school envied our friendship so much. We would always get into trouble together. Wanna know why? Because a girl named 'Harmony' thought she could bully us when she can't. Mi Hi and I would always get into fights with her and her minions.

Guess what, we always came home with the trophy. Even if we got scolded by our parents, we didn't care, once we won.

I laughed to myself when I recalled all our sweet memories.

Soon, I arrived at the hospital, then quickly ran to Mi Hi's hospital room.

I saw her parents besides her, then I hugged them to comfort them. I looked at Mi Hi and smiled then kissed her forehead.

"I'm here champ," As soon I as said that she opened her eyes. She gave her biggest smile and then hugged me. "How are you feeling?"

"Much better now that you're here."

We both laughed then I gave her the food.

"Mom you should take some cooking lessons from Ae-Cha," She said, with her mouth stuffed with food.

Her mom looked at her in disgust. Mi Hi stretched out her tongue for her mom, Mrs.Man.

"Just because you're sick doesn't mean I can't beat you young lady," Her mom warned her saying. We all laughed including her dad, Mr.Hak.

"Oh, I have something for you Ae-Cha. Close your eyes and stretch out your hand," I did exactly what she said. I felt something tight on my finger so I opened my eyes.

I saw a dragon ring on my finger. It was one of my favourite fictional animals.

"I got you a dragon ring and I have my favourite animal on my ring, which is a butterfly of course," She winked and then showed me something else.

"It has a magnetic that only your ring and my ring can connect," She took my hand then connected our rings together.

"If I die, I want you to keep this ring on your left ring finger. And when you get married put the dragon ring over your wedding ring because."

"Best friends over men." We said together. Our eyes were filled with tears. I wiped her tears and vice versa. Her parents were looking at us then joined us in the hug.

After visiting her, I went home. I was looking at the pictures we took back in high school. I smiled to myself then went to take a shower and headed to bed.

12:34 am

I was sleeping peacefully, when I got a phone call. I was hesitant at first then I looked at the called ID. It was............ Mrs.Man?

I quickly picked up the phone and what I heard made my heart stop.

The phone fell from my hand and I broke down in tears. Mi Hi just passed away. She left me without kissing me goodbye.

My parents heard me crying and quickly came to comfort me. I cried for the whole morning until 5:30.

It truly hurt me to know my partner in crime left me to do the crime alone. The mission was incomplete without her.

The next day I woke up at 3:45 pm. My parents ran to me and hugged me. For me, anytime someone hugs me, I break down again.

After picking myself up again, I quickly headed to my room to get organized for a visit at Mi Hi's parents' house.

I looked at myself in the mirror and my eyes looked puffy.

"No. This isn't how Mi Hi would want to see me. I will be hurt but I'm gonna live for me and her," I said and quickly took a shower.

I wore a hoodie and baggy pants because I wasn't feeling myself today.

When I arrived at Mi Hi's parents' house, her mom was in a horrible condition. She invited me in then we planned the funeral.

Sadly, she wasn't there to help me plan Harmony's funeral, but I was there to plan her's.

Day of Funeral

Cries were heard throughout the church but I decided to stay strong, even though it was tempting me to cry.

I went to her coffin, I saw her beautiful face. She looked so stunning.

"You left me here alone. I planned your funeral when we should be planning Harmony's funeral," I signed then kissed her cheeks and headed outside.

After the ceremony, everyone went home after the burial. The only people that were left were, me and her family members.

"Stay strong Ae-Cha darling," Her mom said with a slight pain in her voice.

"You too Mrs.Man. Take it easy," She smiled and then I went back home.

From that day on I didn't live for myself.

I lived for the both of us.

End of Flashback

"It's been 5 years since you left," I signed.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you. I got a job but it's all the way in Seoul. Don't worry I will visit you every year on your anniversary," I smiled then I went back home to pack for my new home town in Seoul.

I was walking home but I felt like someone was watching me. But I didn't bother and minded my business.

_______________________________

Please Vote and Comment