||Chapter 18||

| Edited |

_____

{Ae-Cha's POV}

I was finally discharged from the hospital after two days. After Taehyung left, Jimin got a call that he had to go to China for a business trip, so Taehyung and I hung out together.

"Be careful baby. Remember I love you and call me if you need anything," Taehyung said kissing my forehead and letting me go.

We both said our final goodbyes then he journeyed on a 3-hour ride since he dropped me at my parents' house. I stepped inside the lusciously beautiful flower garden.

My intention was to go to my parents' house to bring back all the memories we had together.

As I landed comfortably on the couch, a thought ran through my head.

Who did that bracelet belong to?

The officer told me stories about the missing criminal that was missing a few years and is still causing havoc. 

Flashback

"We've been doing our best, Ms. Jeong." The officer said. "We can't seem to find any clues."

Indeed, they are. I thought to myself.

"Don't lose hope Ms. Jeong. We think we might have a clue on who it is." I started to get enthusiastic. "This criminal has been on the loose for years and they've been doing a lot of damage and crime."

"Do you have a name by any chance?" Taehyung asked.

"Yes. The person is a female, and her name is Hak Victoria." My body froze. I turned to see Taehyung already in shock. "Mr. Kim, do you have any idea on who it is?" 

"She was my girlfriend." Taehyung said, still looking out the window.

"Do you, by any chance, have her number?" The officer asked taking out his pen and paper to take notes. 

"Let me check." He took out his phone, then started the calling the number.

Before he could put the phone to his ear, the call immediately was cut off. "Seems like she blocked me."

"I've been getting messages and calls from an unknown number." I said, remembering everything.

"Can I see?" I removed my phone from the light stand, giving it to the police. 

He began to scroll through the messages, taking notes. "How long did this start? What did this person sound like? And what did they tell you?" 

"Well, it started when I first got my job. I felt like someone was following me everywhere I went. Then random men started to harass me. Ended up injuring them." The police shook his head as I continued. "The person had a deep feminine voice. And they kept telling me what would happen in the future. Seems like they were serious."

I sighed, the drank my water. "Why didn't you tell us?" Jimin said, in a serious voice.

"I didn't want to worry you guys." 

"That's a dumb excuse, Ae-Cha." Jimin said seriously. "Look what it led to."

"He's right, Ae-Cha." Taehyung agreed with him.

"They're right, Ms. Jeong. You should've reported if as soon as you got the message." 

"Look, I was wrong. Right now, I need everyone to leave. I need some rest." I shooed everyone, turning to the other side. 

"Alright. Take care, baby." Taehyung said, kissing my forehead. 

"Have a good night, princess." Jimin back hugged me, leaving a kiss on my shoulder.

End Of Flashback

When Jimin and Taehyung had left, the officer had messaged me telling me what to do. I liked the plan. 

It was a dangerous yet very interesting plan. I couldn't tell Jimin and Taehyung about the plan because I know they'd tell me not to do it.

I was very bored, so I decided to call Mi Hi. 

On The Phone

Mi Hi: Hey, are you ok?

Ae-Cha: I'm ok. I'm just bored.

Mi Hi: Me too. I'm coming over. 

Ae-Cha: But I'm all the way in Daegu

Mi Hi: I don't care. I'm coming over for a sleepover

Ae-Cha: Mi-

Mi Hi: Love you too

Call Ended

This girl is something. I took a look around the house, since Mi Hi was gonna take a long time. I found a few pictures with my parents and me. 

I already miss them. It feels so empty without them. Hot tears started trickling down my face. Before I knew it, I was on the floor with the picture in my embrace, crying my heart out. 

____________________

I was now laying on the floor, my eyes and nose red with all the crying. 

"Ae-Cha, I'm hear." I heard Mi Hi said from the outside.

I quickly wiped my eyes, then made myself presentable. I pulled open the door, being greeted by the throwing of a body on me. "Hey there stranger." She greeted me excitingly.

"Welcome." 

"Wait, did you cry?" I denied. "Yes, you did."

She pulled me inside, sitting me on couch. "Tell me, why were you crying? Do you miss them?"

I nodded my head. She knows me too well. "I can't take it, Mi Hi. It hurts."

"I know it does. I'm here for you. Let it all out." She reassured me. As she told me, I let it all out. Her warm arms wrapped around me, bringing my face to her shoulders. 

____________________

"Feel better?" She asked me, stroking my hair to sooth me. 

"Yes." I removed my head from her shoulder. 

"Are you hungry?" I nodded. She took out her phone to order pizza and some snacks.

"Mi Hi." I said, getting her attention. "Thank you." 

She looked confused. "For what?" 

"For everything. You've always been there for me at my lowest. You remind me of my other best friend." I looked down, remembering those days. 

"Isn't that what friends are for. And you're welcome." She hugged me, then kissed my forehead. "Now come on, cheer up."

We shared a laugh, before she put on a movie for us to watch.